Fourth Grade News
Mrs. Spencer's Class - Week of 6/1
Wow! I can't believe it is the final week of school. I feel truly blessed to have taught this excellent group of students. As I reflect on our time together, I am so impressed by students' curiosity and commitment to learning. I know they will continue to make great strides in learning as they continue their education at the middle school next year.
Thank you for all you have done to make the past two years so successful. I have been very fortunate to work with all of you!
Please see below for some opportunities for summer learning for your child. I look forward to seeing many of you on the last day of school. It has been a truly memorable school year, and I am thankful for the time with these wonderful students.
We enjoyed meeting with our 2nd grade buddies one final time!
UPDATES, OBJECTIVES, & LINKS
Last Day of School:
Thursday, June 4th: Last Day of School
We are holding a fourth grade picnic at Mantorville Park on the last day of school. You are invited! We plan to arrive at the park at 10:30 and eat at 11:00. Please meet us at the park. We will stay at the park following lunch and will return to school ~12:30.
The fourth grade carnival is from 12:50-1:50.
In the event of inclement weather, we will picnic in the pod.
Summer Learning Opportunities - Encourage your child to read, read, read & continue solidifying math & critical thinking skills!
Remember to take part in the Kasson Library Summer Program!!
This Week's Objectives:
- We are finishing our poetry books.
- We are writing about memories from fourth grade and writing letters to incoming fourth graders.
- We are building reading stamina and working on expanding vocabulary.
- We are analyzing and interpreting data.
- We are working on rates and rate tables.
- We are reviewing concepts from the school year.
- We are developing speed and accuracy with multiplication and division facts.
- In Science, we are reviewing solar system information.
- In Social Studies, students are having fun with states and capitals.
Thanks for your help in making the Chillin' & Grillin' lunch so awesome!
Wishing you a wonderful summer! Take care and thank you again!
Please contact me with any questions or comments.
Your Partner in Education,