Tiger Times, September 2021
Burt Elementary School
A Note from Ms. Mathis and Ms. Karch
We are so excited to have all of our students back with us this school year! We are thankful for all of our families and the patience shown as we navigate another school year with some distinct challenges. We want you to know that your students are rising to the occasion and working hard each day to be the best versions of themselves. With the support of you and our staff, we hope to help all of our little heroes rise up above the challenges that face them. In fact, that is our motto and hashtag for the year, #HeroesRiseUp. We hope you will follow us on our Facebook page in order to keep up-to-date on relevant information as well as to see all of the great things going on inside the building. We are here if you need anything! Thank you for allowing us to work with your Burt Tiger this school year.
September 23-October 1
We hope you will be able to participate in our book fair. Students will come home soon with information on what they can purchase. They will be able to purchase books during their designated class time. Parents and guardians will have the chance to shop during our Title 1 Family night on September 23 and parent-teacher conferences on September 30th from 4:30-7:30. Please email nicole.saslofsky@cmcss if you have any questions about the book fair.
- Parent Notes (up to 5 days person school year)
- Doctor/dentist/hospital notes
- Required court appointments
- Funeral Documentation
Any of these items and any questions you may have regarding attendance can be sent to our attendance clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Early Dismissals- Please keep in mind that there are NO dismissals from the front office after 3:00 pm. Students must be here for at least 3 hours and 31 minutes in order to be counted present for the day. In addition, students are learning from the time school starts until the very end of the day, so please try not to dismiss your student early every day.
- School Messenger-If for some reason, you have blocked our school messenger, you will need to unblock the school number in case we need to reach you in the event of an emergency.
- Visitors-We cannot allow any outside visitors in the building this year until further notice.
- Contact information-Please make sure you keep us up-to-date on all phone number and address changes, as well as emergency contact information. Send a note with your student so we can keep your information updated.
- Changes in transportation-If you are needing to change the way your student will be getting home on any given day, please send in a hand-written note. We cannot accept changes over the phone as it is difficult to fully verify your identity.
- Photo IDs-A government-issued ID is required in order to dismiss your student early. Anyone who comes to pick your student up must be on the emergency card or we must receive a note of authorization from you. The same will apply in the car rider line in the event the person picking up does not have a car tag.
Powerschool is the student information system that provides parents or legal guardians virtual access to students' grades, assignments, and attendance history. Powerschool can be accessed online or through a smart device. Use the code PZQN after downloading the Powerschool app. This can also be accessed through the cmcss.net website under Students and Parent. We certainly encourage you to take advantage of this resource.
Burt Family Night
Thursday, Sep. 23rd, 4:30-6pm
110 Bailey Street
Come and join us for some heroic fun!! Your students will be able to play games and engage in fun math and literacy activities while parents join us in the cafeteria for an information session on all things Burt and what it means to be a Title 1 school. Food will be provided. We hope to see you there!
Mariah Carey - Hero ❤ Love Songs