week of February 8, 2016
- The NEW School Mission Statement: Manchester Community Schools, in partnership with parents and community, use best practices to develop the skills of communication, collaboration, critical thinking, and creativity in all students to ensure they are future ready.
- District Vision: Educational Excellence in a Caring Community
- District Purpose: Manchester students are provided the stepping stones for success.
Goal 1: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in their literacy skills.
Goal 2: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in critical thinking.
Goal 3: All Manchester Community Schools students will become proficient in mathematical skills.
Goal 4: All staff will engage in the district-wide continuous improvement process.
Leadership Workshops on Monday will focus on Being Proactive. We will do an activity and if time share examples of what it looks like at Klager.
I am going to remove the March 21st Leadership Workshop. We will host the rehearsal for the Leadership Day on Tuesday, March 22, and this will take the place of Leadership Workshop.
I was disappointed in myself when I asked the 4th grade to repeat the drill in the cafeteria. There was no attention given to the students who were acting as leaders. I focused on the students who were not good leaders and then forced the entire class to repeat the drill. I know we ask the students to be leaders for one another, but I never supported that idea when we repeated the drill, I just assumed they were a part of the problem with my response. Thankfully in the debrief, a staff member was able to share the idea that we often punish the whole group and not the individuals who need to be trained or retaught the concept presented. At some point, the entire class can not be punished or held to a consequence for the actions of a few.
I think of it this way, if the class is noisy and we hope that the quiet friends will set an example and remind the talking students to be quiet, we must first teach the quiet students, the leaders, what we want. And once they have been taught and this is not making a difference, we must realize that at some point they might not have the maturity to be the leaders for quiet.
If in doubt, fill out the form.
- 2.9.16-Leadership Workshop-12:00-2:00 pm
- 2.9.16-Karin out of the building
- 2.9.16-Building configuration meeting
- 2.10.16-Talent Show practice
- 2.12.16-Klager Movie Night
- 2.15.16-No School-Presidents Day
- 2.15.16-School Board Meeting
- 2.17.16-Kindergarten Information Night
- 2.18.16-Grade Level Meetings
- 2.23.16-Configuration meeting
- 2.23.16-Klager PTO meeting
- 2,24.16-Talent Show-rehearsal times to be announced
- 2.25.16-Principal's Advisory
- 3.2.16-SIP meeting
- 3.3.16 Staff Meeting
- March 22nd, 10:00, practice for Leadership Day
- March 23rd Leadership Day
- June 2nd-Tenative Date for Kids Against Hunger packaging.
From the Villarreal's
Manchester Community Schools Foundation had a wonderful Trivia Night on Saturday They raised close to $800. to use for Teacher Mini Grants. The High School team took top honors on Saturday. Thanks to all who participated and had fun with the themes, games, and trivia.