Super Second Grade News
"Walk in Faith with Mercy and Grace"
Week of May 2- May 6, 2016
What an exciting weekend for many of you as your child received their First Eucharist! My prayers were with all of you. Thank you for all your support in their journey.
May is going to be an exciting month. We have May Crowning on May 11 where your child will be participating in mass by wearing their First Communion attire and they will have pictures done by Cantrell. There is also a luncheon hosted by Mrs. Bodnariuk in the Hall after mass and pictures. Invitations were sent out last week, please let me know if you did not receive one, or check your child's homework folder. It costs $12 per person. Money is due by Friday May 8 (cash only).
May 13 is the Talent Show. If your child would like to perform at the Talent Show, please fill out the form and turn in to the office.
May 26 is Ellis Island Day. It is a day where we reenact immigration through Ellis Island and celebrate our heritage. More information will be sent home.
Thank you for all your support!
Miss Ekno and Mrs. Brown
Wednesday: Mass Uniform
Thursday: Late Start 9:15
Friday: Water Assembly
A Flash About Our Week
- Reading: The Goat in the Rug-assessment Friday
- Small group reading: The Ugly Vegetables
- Read 10 minutes each night
- Daily 5 practice- read to self, listen to reading, read to someone, word work, and work on writing. We will be doing this in the class to increase our Language Arts practice.
- Reviewing Money measurement
- Assessment Thursday
- Unit 28 Assessment-Friday
- Small group- Lesson 7
- Family Unit
- Family Artifact Questionnaire- due Friday
- Family Life- look at parent connection
Weekly Words to the Rescue!
Unit 28 List1. digging
13. The car stopped at the stop sign.
14. We went swimming in the pool.
15. The Easter bunny hopped away.
Small Group-Lesson 7 Book 2
11. He does a funny trick.
12. The black cat is very big.
sharpening- making something have a sharper edge or point
spinning- twisting together material to make yarn or thread
weave- to make cloth by crossing materials over one another
strands- single pieces of thread
yarn- thick thread made of cotton or wool
dye- a substance used to change the color of something
duplicated- to have made an exact copy of something else