Second Grade Scoop
Mayfield Junior School - October 17, 2016
Harvest Festival and Raffle tickets!
Prep for Conferences
Second Grade Coffee - Now October 25, 8:15am - 9:15am
Dunk'n the Vote!
MJS All American Donut Election
As we all know, November 8th marks our next American presidential election. We will celebrate this important milestone by having our own election. On Friday, all students registered to vote in families. Eventually, MJS students will vote to decide what is "The All American Donut.” We are using this analogy to teach the election process through school families and morning prayer. The students will see the good Ol’ American democracy in action as we vote on election day!
Here is a prayer for our families. Together we face good times and difficult times. If we love and forgive one another, and pray together, we will be blessed.
A Prayer for Family
Heavenly Father, Please shine your light upon my family.
Give us strength to overcome all of the difficulties that
we are dealing with now and protect us against any
and all problems we may encounter in the future.
O Lord, please bring us together as we are meant to be.
May the love that binds us only grow stronger as
we fulfill the destiny you have laid out for us.
Grant my family forgiveness
for any sins we have committed.
May we also forgive one another Lord,
as it is sometimes difficult to do.
Bless us Lord, In your name I pray, Amen
2nd Grade Halloween Play
Read Across America
Important Dates for Second Grade
- Parent Conferences - Thursday & Friday 10/20 &10/21, No School for students. Extended Care Open 7:30am-6pm
- Second Grade Coffee - Monday, 10/25, 8:15-9:15am
- Harvest Festival and 2nd Grade Halloween Play at 11am - Friday, 10/28
- Parent Sacramental Meeting - Thursday, 11/3, 6:30pm, HPAC
- Book Fair Family Night - Thursday, 11/10
- No School - Friday, 11/11
- Book Fair - 11/14-11/18
- Thanksgiving prayer service - 11/22, 9-10am
- Thanksgiving Break - 11/23-11/25