Surviving the Wilderness
15 tips on how to survive in the wilderness.
15 how to survive in the wilderness
1. Choose an area where you will be able to find a water source or plan to carry all the water you will need.
2. Study a map of the area and plan your route before you go.
3. Tell someone where you are going and when you'll be back.
4. Make a list of the supplies you'll need. Think about having enough food, water, shelter and first aid supplies.
5. Don't try to carry too much. A heavy backpack can spoil your trip by slowing you down and making your back and knees hurt.
6. Bring enough water for your first day and plan to get to the water source by the end of the day.
7. Don't drink directly from the water source. Collect running water and treat it with iodine tablets or boil it for 10 minutes.
8. Bring food that's light and easy to prepare. Dried fruit and nuts are good, dense sources of calories that are ready to eat.
9. Be very careful about eating the plants that you find in the wilderness. If you make a mistake, you can make yourself sick from eating a poisonous plant.
10. Build a fire to keep warm and make sure you don't get hypothermia. You can use it to purify water and cook. It also gives you a feeling of satisfaction and control over the situation.
11. Stay calm if something goes wrong.
12. Treat all injuries right away. If you have a broken bone, use tree bark and cloth tt make a splint.
13. If there's a storm or you have a problem with your tent, try to find a natural shelter like a cave or rock overhang to stay under.
14. Stay put, if you are lost. Don't wander around wasting your energy. Concentrate on staying warm and dry.
15. Bring a mirror to use to signal a search crew.
A beautiful sunset that you want to be at.
Fresh clean clean water in the mountains.
I wish I had a view like that.