Week 7 at BBIS
September 11, 2020
THANK YOU for all the Treats!
Coming up in November, we want to send each staff member home with a full pie for the Thanksgiving holiday. Be on the lookout for the sign up sheet.
In-Person School Supplies
- computer & charger
- headphones or earbuds
- composition notebook (2 for 5th grade, 4 for 6th grade)
- folders (4)
- 3 subject spiral (6th grade math)
- notebook paper
- colored pencils
- glue stick
- expo marker
LUNCH for In-Person Students
Additionally, be sure to send your child with a clearly labeled water bottle. Due to COVID 19, our water fountains are out of service. We do; however, have a water bottle filler for students in the cafeteria and the 6th grade gym.
Versatrans My Stop App
Benefits of the Versatrans My Stop app:
Parents can access student’s bus number
Parents can access student’s bus stops
Provides current location of bus
Provides estimated time of arrival to bus stop
Push notifications related to bus number changes, delays, accidents/breakdowns
Attendance for Virtual Students
Students MUST click the attendance button each day and submit the form to be marked RA (remote asynchronous) or RS (remote synchronous). This simple action does NOT mean any work has been completed, it simply means the student is not marked absent.
Students who fail to click the button and SUBMIT the form EACH DAY
will be marked ABSENT.
Attendance for In-Person Students
As undocumented absences accrue, letters are generated for 3 undocumented absences, 6 undocumented absences, and 9 undocumented absences. After the 9-day letter, an MISD truancy officer becomes involved.
To ensure your child arrives before school starts, here are a few options:
- Early Morning Childcare is open from 6:30 - 7:15 a.m. and it is free! Click Here to sign up.
- The front doors open at 7:20 a.m. and car rider line is quickest from 7:30 - 7:40 a.m.
- Magnolia ISD transportation services are available to all students living in the district. Click Here to access the transportation page for more details.
Thank You Car Rider Parents
If you still have some questions, review the picture below with the directional arrows and instructions.
Parent Survey in PDF below: Every Family MUST Complete
Parent Self Serve
Questions or issues about Parent Self Serve? Please refer to the MISD Parent Help Desk. There is a link directly on the online enrollment site or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 281-252-7378. (This includes those parents who need their student's ID number; to update/add an email address; etc.)
BBIS General Information
Virtual School Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
In-Person School Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.
- Early Morning Childcare begins at 6:30 a.m.
- Car Riders can begin drop off at 7:20 a.m.
- Bus Riders arrival begins at 7:20 a.m.
- Dismissal begins at 3:10 p.m
Visit our BBIS website for any other information.