JSD Year 1 Newsletter
Friday 23 January 2015
- made up fantasy stories and recorded these using Puppet Pals on the iPads
- recorded the main events from our stories on story maps
- used storyboards to divide our stories into sections, focusing on the beginning, middle and end
- talked about the properties of different everyday materials using specific vocabulary (ie hard or soft, stiff or flexible, strong or delicate/brittle, etc)
- continued to count in 2s, 5s and 10s
Book Week - please see how you can take part
Milk is available at school for any parents wishing for their child to receive it. Please check the Gateway or with the school office for the prices and how to pay.
Your child has been asked to research a material at home (and you should have received a slip indicating which one). This could be wood, metal, plastic, paper/card or glass. Please look in and around your home for items made from this material. This will support them ahead of next week's science tasks.