#creepU assignment for #ed210 & #ed536
Pick a school, a college or a university and examine how the students are using social media
In your Google Drive, create a "creep U" document and start keeping notes throughout the assignment.
- The school and the public social media accounts you searched.
- What do the feed(s) tell you about the school? Who is using the account? Do students post on the account or just comment?
- Start exploring the students who like or follow the account(s). What can you learn about the school and the students by searching the feed?
- How many public accounts are connected to other public accounts?
2. Find positive examples of a students using social media. Search public accounts and note how many other social media accounts are connected to the original account.
3. Find not-so-positive examples of a students using social media. Search public accounts and note how many other social media accounts are connected to the original account.
4. This is not a shaming assignment. You will screen capture your results and blur the identity and images to protect individuals because we don't want to embarrass anyone for not being informed or modeling good #digcit. [Check out Skitch or Awesome Screenshot as a way to blur images and identities].
5. Time to reflect. In your "creep U" doc, make sure you have answered these questions:
- What are the essential take aways from this assignment?
- What would you say about the social media use of the students you examined?
- What did you learn and what do you think others should know?
6. Document what you learned using a *presentation tool. Your presentation needs to focus on the essentials: what we should avoid and what we should encourage. Remember, your audience are other students and this presentation should be a teachable moment.
*Presentation tools to consider: iMovie, MovieMaker, Animoto, Vizzywig, Wideo, PowToon, etc.