The SPIRIT of SKS
Saint Kateri School's Weekly Newsletter~Week of June 8, 2020
ABC Countdown 2020
End of Year Celebration ZOOM meetings
- 10:30: Ms. Tabor's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: 5th grade Rainbow Mass practice
- 1:00: Mrs. Bartholomew's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 10:00: Mrs. DeRisio's Preschool 3 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: Mrs. Moore's Preschool 3 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: 4th grade
- 11:30: 2nd grade
- 9:00: Mrs. DeRisio's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 10:00: Mrs. G's Preschool 4 year old Moving Up Celebration
- 11:00: Kindergarten Celebration
- 1:00: 3rd grade
Today I am including a link to a song Many and One that we sing at Saint Kateri School and it speaks to our call to be a part of something bigger. Phrases that resonated with me during this time ~
~ Bringing MERCY and PEACE to this world
~ We are separate but bound by His LOVE
Oftentimes, music can speak the words that we are unable to properly articulate.
God bless you all and your families each and every day ~ We look forward to our last week of school and hope to be able to see you at our Car Parade next Thursday!
Mrs. Terri L. Morgan, Principal
A voicemail messages can be left at (585) 467-8730
Virtual Field Day
Materials to prepare:
Virtual Field Day will be begin at 10:00am on Thursday, June 18th and run to approximately 11:00am. It will be a whole school ZOOM meeting, schedule is below. We are scheduling games 10 minutes apart and these will be a little flexible as we see how many are participating and how long it takes. You will receive the Field Day ZOOM meeting link on Monday, June 15th. You will not need to be present for the whole time and can participate in the events that you wish. We can't wait!
10:00: Ms. Tabor: Spoon Race
How fast can you move without dropping your object?
- Measure out 30 feet from start to finish
- Materials needed: wooden spoon (or larger sized spoon), timer, plastic egg, toy car (like a hot wheel), marshmallow, and an orange
10:10: Mrs. G: Musical Scavenger Hunt
- Only material needed is a chair. All other “materials” will be somewhat open ended and things that everyone should be able to find in their house or yard.
10:20: Mrs. Garbach: Water Bottle Challenge: Only material needed is a plastic, bottled water water bottle!
10:30: Mrs. Cleary and Mrs. D'Aprix: Towel Flip and Wind Bowling
- A towel.
- Have on deck, if there is time, 10 paper/plastic cups and a paper plate
10:50: Miss Hanss: Airplane Cornhole
- three pieces of paper
- a bucket, recycling bin, or waste paper basket.
Virtual Field Day and Trunk-n-Treasure
Teachers are leading a Virtual Field Day from 10:00-11:00am. The activities will be fun for all ages and only require materials that can be found around the house. A list of supplies is included above so that families can prepare.
In the afternoon, from 1:00-3:00pm, we will have a Car Parade around the Saint Kateri School campus. We are calling it Trunk-n-Treasure and it will have an Under the Sea theme. Teachers and Staff will be stationed around the school by their cars and will hand out what they need to from their trunks. This will also be the time when you can return Chromebooks, Library books, any learning materials, etc.
We Hope You Will Join Us!
This Mass includes a coming together of our traditional Rainbow Prayer Service and the 5th grade Celebration! There will be a pictorial tribute to our departing 5th graders.
2019-2020 Yearbooks are Here!
Yearbooks can be picked beginning Thursday, June 18th during Trunk-n-Treasure 1:00-3:00pm. After that, please call the Main Office to make arrangements to pick them up. They will not be distributed before then ~ Thank you!
Message from the Main Office
- We continue to have bags in the main foyer for families unable to come to the last Supply Pick-Up Day. Please call 467-8730 or email Terri.Morgan@dor.org to schedule a time to pick it up before the end of the year. (They will be distributed during our Trunk-n-Treasure Car Parade on Thursday, June 18 from 1:00-3:00pm)
- Report Cards will be mailed home the week after school ends. Families need to be current with financial obligations. Any Chromebooks or Library books borrowed must also be returned ~ and can be returned during our Trunk-n-Treasure Car Parade. Please contact the office with any questions.
We Are Currently Enrolling for 2020-2021 School Year
Saint Kateri School and the Diocese of Rochester-Department of Catholic Schools offer a variety of scholarship and financial aid opportunities, click below to find out more.
Saint Kateri School continues to receive mail, as well as any voicemails left on our Main Office phone number. Please contact us with any questions you may have regarding Registration or Financial Aid process.