Updates from Mrs. Froning
April 26, 2020
A Special Message from Mrs. Froning
Please accept my heartfelt gratitude for all that you are doing! I truly appreciate and respect ALL that you are juggling during this time. For each family, the circumstances are slightly different based on health, employment, and availability of resources, etc. Thank you for helping supporting your student and their engagement with their Google classroom lessons/activities and assignments each day while attending to so many other things. I am hopeful the changes implemented this past week, in the weekly school plan, went smoothly for all.
Ensuring students are interacting with core concepts to be covered in the coming weeks (in Math, Reading and Writing) is very important as we look to prepare students for the next school year. In addition to learning new concepts, engaging in the Google classroom also holds great value for our students socially and emotionally as they engage with teachers and classmates. Our staff is here to support families with this endeavor. PLEASE reach out to me or your students' teacher if we can help with technical challenges, questions related to lessons, student engagement, food insecurities and more!
I continue to be in awe of our staff as they remain deeply commitment to supporting our students academically and social/emotionally. Their collaboration with one another has been inspiring and I hope motivating/engaging to your and your family!
It is my privilege to serve this school community each and every day!
Take care & Be well!
Oakley Park gives to others!
Spread the Word!
We are excited to share Kindergarten Orientation virtually and we look forward to meeting all of our new families in August.
Please complete the four steps below:
· WATCH the comprehensive video that will feature a welcome from several Elementary Principals and the Superintendent, mini presentations from the Kindergarten teachers, Transportation, Food Service, Student Services, and even recent Kindergarten students to give parents an idea of what students will learn in Kindergarten. The video can be found below and is also linked on the Walled Lake Schools website at www.wlcsd.org.
· SUBMIT a Google Form with your information and questions after reviewing the Virtual Kindergarten Orientation video. Kindergarten Orientation Questionnaire
· REGISTER ONLINE. Directions for the virtual enrollment process, including a new video tutorial that explains the process. Families will be able to scan and/or take photo images of the necessary documents and email them to Walled Lake Schools Student Services Office.
· ATTEND scheduled Kindergarten Meet & Greet (ZOOM meeting) with your child’s school Principal and Kindergarten teachers. Your ZOOM meeting will be May 12th @ 6:30 pm. See details below!
Oakley Park Kindergarten Meet & Greet
DATE: Tuesday, May 12th
TIME: 6:30 p.m.
Meeting ID: 978 179 2688
Helpful Information for Families
Food and Family Support Services Continue
WLCSD Food Distribution: every Monday until further notice
Distribution Date(s) & Time: Monday's 1:45 to 3 p.m. or when all the food is distributed.
- Walled Lake Western High School, 600 Beck Road, Walled Lake
- Pick-up at Western is outside the gym entrance in the parking lot and bus loop area near the athletic fields.
- Walled Lake Central High School, 1600 Oakley Park Road, Walled Lake
- Pick-up at Central is at the main entrance. Please follow those directing traffic.
Children will receive 7 days of breakfast and 7 days of lunch for all children 18 and under, and adults with disabilities 26 and under.
The meals distributed are provided by the Unanticipated School Closure Summer Food Service Program (SFSP), are available to all children at no cost.
Student Pantry continues serving Walled Lake families
Shout outs for Walled Lake Schools!
Please be sure to join the Fine Arts Classrooms
Ms. Vining- Music
Ms. Shafer- Media
Mrs. Grinnell- PE
Mr. Ozuch PE (Kindergarten, 2nd grade & ASD)
Mrs. Kristin Froning, Principal
Mrs. Karen Clark, Principal's Secretary
Mrs. Kim Waling, Building Secretary