May 3, 2021
Dear Parents and Guardians,
Thank you to the parents that have already completed the SC State Survey! I know your time is valuable and your feedback will be used to grow our school community.
We had over 40 Virtual Students attend our Summer School Prevention opportunity on Saturday! These Raiders worked hard and we look forward to continuing again this Saturday. Our Face to Face students will begin working this week.
The Middle Years Newsletter is below. Please take some time to skim over the informative articles. "Understanding your ever-changing tween" is a great one. Even after 24 years in education, the two middle schoolers of my own are challenging and any advice can be helpful.
Lastly, May is Mental Health Awareness month, so we included some information and resources for you. The resources page also has a calendar of daily activities to boost our mental health!
Have a great week!
Beta Club Induction 2021-2022
Raider Rambler and PBIS Store donations needed
PBIS Store needs are:
- Croc Jibbitz Charms
- Movie theater box candy, candy bars, chips, drinks, fruit snacks, etc.
- Gift cards: McDonalds, Chic Fil A, Target, QT, Starbucks, Gaming cards
- Sports Items: Basketballs, Footballs, Soccer Balls, etc.
- Stickers (Individuals)
- Stuffed Animals
- Anything with Disney's Stitch, Harry Potter, Superheroes
- Headbands, Hair Clips, Nail Polish
- Jewelry: Beaded bracelets, Anklets, Stacked rings
- Wallets: Fashion wallets or bill fold style (showing my age, but I don't know how else to describe it 🙂) for the guys
- Clothing & Shoes: only graphic style t-shirts and shoes in really good condition (teen appropriate in style)
Coping During the Pandemic
The Teen Panel is officially LIVE. These six teens shared helpful tips that any teenager can use in their life; now, and post-pandemic! Parents, you will learn ways to help your teens who may be stressed during these tough times. We know that many youths have struggled this past year, but as you’ll hear from these teens, many are coping well and remaining healthy and positive. We hope this short 20-minute video brings hope to you!
YOUTUBE LINK: https://youtu.be/Yxp4A1a8koU
FACEBOOK LINK: https://www.facebook.com/YorkCountyRAPS
Lids for Miracle Park Benches
2020-2021 Attendance Guidelines
Does your child need extra support while at home? See the video below on how to access a live tutor.
Northwestern High School Cross Country
Rising 7th and 8th graders (boys and girls) are invited to join the Northwestern Cross Country Team for the Fall! We have some runners in middle school, but could always use more. We will start you off slow and work with you to increase your endurance. We have a great team and have gone to the State meet the last few years. Conditioning will start beginning of June! If you are interested in joining the Northwestern Cross Country Team please fill out this interest form and we will contact you.
Planet HS Instructions
How to Register on Planet-HS for Athletic Eligibility
Each school year student-athletes and their parents/guardians must submit all athletic eligibility paperwork online at www.planeths.com in order to be eligible to try out for school sponsored sports. Hard copies will not be accepted.
To complete this process, the student-athlete and the parent/guardian should follow these steps:
If you already have a PlanetHS account:
Log in to your student OR parent account.
Scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on:
1. Pre-participation Physical Evaluation- (PPE) History Form: Update digitally and must be digitally signed by logging into student account and parent account.
2. PPE- Physical Examination Form: Upload your physical form that has been signed by a licensed medical professional.
· Physicals for each new school year must be signed after April 1 of the current year.
· Must be digitally signed by logging into student account and parent account.
3. Parent’s Permission & Acknowledgement: Must be digitally signed by logging into student account and parent account.
4. Birth Certificate: Click Re-Use document.
5. Concussion and Student Athletes: Must be digitally signed by logging into student account and parent account.
6. Student-Athlete Consent Form: Must be digitally signed by logging into student account.
7. COVID Waiver Form: Must be digitally signed by logging into student account and parent account.
To set up a PlanetHS account:
1. Go to www.planeths.com
2. Click on SIGN UP button.
3. Select account type—
STUDENT select STUDENT
PARENT/GUARDIAN select PARENT
Fill-in all fields/information
Parent/Student School=School that will be attended for the year of athletic participation.
4. Once STUDENT and PARENT have both created a PlanetHS account:
Login to PARENT account
-Click Athletic Forms
-Click Athletic Participation
-Scroll down and click LINK ACCOUNTS and enter the STUDENT email address.
Login to STUDENT account
-Click Athletic Forms
-Click Athletic Participation
-Scroll down and click LINK ACCOUNTS and enter PARENT email address.
5. Both PARENT and STUDENT must accept the invite to link accounts by clicking APPROVE.
6. On the PRE-PARTICIPATION PAGE—CLICK ALL sports that the student plans to be a participant in for the school year.
7. Complete the PARENT PERMISSION form.
8. Complete the CONCUSSION acknowledgement form. NOTE: both Parent and student must read and initial. This occurs under each login.
9. Upload a digital copy (picture) of a state issued BIRTH CERTIFICATE. Ensure file is clear and readable.
10. Complete PRE-PARTICIPATION PHYSICAL EVALUATION form.
11. Upload a digital copy (picture) of PHYSICAL FORM. Ensure the picture is clear and readable. The physicians signature and date must be visible.
To Purchase Tickets to Athletic Events
Softball Cross Divison Game RRMS vs. STMS
Wednesday, May 5th, 5:30pm
RRMS Softball Field
Thursday, May 6th, 4-6pm
Football Practice Starts
Monday, May 10th, 4-5:15pm
RRMS Football Field
Rawlinson Road will hold spring football practice from May 10-13 and 17-20 from 4-5:15 each day. To be eligible to participate, everyone must have an updated PlanetHS account. Current 7th graders with an updated account will be eligible to participate without any action needed to be taken. Current 6th graders and 7th graders without a current PlanetHS account, must create a PlanetHS account. Once you have created your account, you will upload a picture of your physical signed and dated after April 1, 2021, by a medical professional, upload a picture of their birth certificate, and complete the following forms in their PlanetHS account: Medical History, Parent Permission, Concussion Form, Student Athlete Consent Form, and COVID 19 Waiver. Each participant needs to bring with them each day shorts, t-shirt, cleats, and a bottle or two of water. Directions on how to create an account in PlanetHS can be picked up from Coach Bryant, Coach Law, or the front office.