Faithful Butterflies Primary Classroom
Faithful Butterflies in the Fall!
Our students have also been developing a greater sense of the world we live in by introducing the continents. They have been learning about maps and what they are used for, as well as the cardinal directions. In chapel time, we have been focusing on our Bible theme and verse, "God's plan is perfect for me!" Through stories in the Bible, the children are understanding how God used each character in a special way, and how God has a greater plan in store for each of them!
- Ms. Melissa
History/Cultural: Native Americans
Zoology: Vertebrates/Invertebrates, Birds
Science: Weather Study
Language: 3rd Group Phonics (h, j, k, o, u, w), Metal Insets (tracing)
Mathematics: 1-10 Quantity/Symbol Association
Sensorial: Binomial Cube
Practical Life: Sweeping, Mopping, Dusting, Washing
Chapel Theme: God teaches me to be brave! Reading about Gideon, Daniel, Joshua, and David.
That being said, here are some things to remember as we finalize our transition in the next week:
1. All your children's belongings, including any extra clothes in their cubby, medication/sunscreen, blankets, etc., will be sent home this week.
2. Friday, November 3, the school will close at 3pm. Please pick up your child on time.
3. Monday and Tuesday, November 7 and 8, the school will be closed. Wednesday, we will officially be open at our new location!
Later Dates to Remember:
- Wednesday, November 23: Half Day -- School Closes at 12pm NOON
- Thursday and Friday, November 24-25 -- School CLOSED for Thanksgiving Break
Faithful Butterflies at Work in October!
Using the peg board to stretch rubber bands into different formations and shapes.
Using paint to show the quantity for numbers 1-10.
Balancing the number rods and putting them in order from 1-10.
Glueing and pasting red and blue strips to represent the number rods.
Glueing on the life cycle of an apple.
Transferring water and ducks in the water table.
Making patterns and practicing pasting.
Free drawing using crayons.
Spindle Box to develop quantity/symbol association for numbers 1-10.
Using paint to represent each quantity for numbers 1-10.
Using the continent puzzle and map.
Cutting and pasting the life cycle of a pumpkin.