Shull Family Front Page
May 12, 2016
Requisition / End of Year Supply Orders
Hope You Enjoyed the Art Show & Spaghetti Dinner!
Field Day is Monday
Important Field Day Reminders:
- Only parents/family members who signed up with Mrs. Allan to work at a station may attend Field Day (this is a district-wide procedure)
- Field day is for Shull students only; volunteers working at stations may not bring any other school-aged (or younger) child with them (this is a district-wide procedure)
- Mrs. Emry and Miss MacLeod's students will rotate as their own class, however, you may likely see their students also mingling with and enjoying some fun with their regular classroom teacher and friends as well!
- Lunch (pizza and drinks) WILL BE PROVIDED for all volunteers AND STAFF, courtesy of Ms. Swickhamer!
- It will be relatively chilly Monday! (The expected high temperature is 65 degrees)
- Everyone should dress in layers in anticipation of the changing temps (NO swim wear permitted) Attire for teachers is casual or athletic (be mindful of the length of your shorts, the width of tank top straps and/or the cut of your shirt)
- All students MUST wear socks and tennis shoes
- Students may wear/bring water bottles, hats, visors, sunscreen and sunglasses
- Students should bring an extra healthy snack to school--there is one snack station but kids will be extra hungry after running and playing all day
- If we experience inclement weather, all activities will be moved indoors
Your Feedback Is Needed Please
The link below is a staff survey for the purpose of rating the effectiveness of the following Ray-Pec Departments:
*Buildings & Grounds
This survey will take approximately 5 minutes to complete. Your feedback is extremely important for our continuous improvement efforts. Please take a few minutes to complete this survey no later than May 20, 2016. Thank you for your participation and feedback.
The Talent Show is Tuesday
The evening performance for families is Tuesday, May 17, at 6:30 p.m. Performers should be dressed in costume and arrive at Shull by 6:15 p.m. Please encourage your child to practice their routine/performance as often as possible so our audience is engaged and impressed! All friends and family members are invited to attend.
Boys Basketball Summer Camp
With multiple options and skills training for a developing or elite player, your player will get the best opportunity to gain skills to play basketball at a high level.
Check out the Ray-Pec Boys Basketball Summer Camp parent newsletter at the link below and sign up today for Coach Jermain's summer basketball camps!
Need Fun Summer Ideas for the Kids?
There is STILL time and space available to enroll your kiddo in summer school!
Two summer school sessions jam-packed with fun will span June 6-June 30 this year at Shull and daily school hours are 8:00 a.m. -3:30 p.m., Monday-Thursday.
Our program integrates science, technology, engineering, arts, and math topics into courses in a project-based format. Transportation is provided at no cost.
Panther Pride Summer Care
Celebrating Our 4th Graders & Mrs. Morris's Class!
Speaking of hard work, ALL 4th grade students scored above the 10th percentile on their Spring AIMSWeb RCBM assessment (timed reading test) which means more pats on the back for 4th grade, Mrs. Garrison, Mrs. King & Mrs. Martin!
16-17 School Meal Prices Increase
The Board approved increases to school lunch and breakfast prices for the 2016-2017 school year. The price increases range from 5 cents to 15 cents. For next school year, lunch prices for grades K-6 will be $2.30 (up from $2.20), grades 7-12 will be $2.55 (up from $2.50), and adults will be $3 (up from $2.95).
School breakfast prices for grades K-6 will be $1.60 (up from $1.50), grades 7-12 will be $1.70 (up from $1.55), and adults will be $2 (unchanged). The increases bring the District into compliance with requirements of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, which provides calculation guidelines related to the amounts that Districts are reimbursed for free meals.
4th gr Families May Attend our 4th gr Send Off Celebration May 20, at 1:00 p.m.
Important Calendar Events
All Library Books Are Due!
May 13 - Kindergarten celebration @ 9:00 a.m.
May 16 - Field Day - adults who pre-registered with Mrs. Allan are invited to attend
**only Shull students may attend, per the parent/student handbook-no siblings or students from other schools allowed to attend**
May 17 - Talent Show 6:30 p.m.
May 19 - 4th Gr Celebration (all day)
May 20 - Last day, early release, yearbook signing (students receive yearbooks on this day if one was purchased)
- 4th gr send off at 1:00 p.m.-ALL 4th grade families are invited to attend!
May 21 - Girls On The Run 5K
June 6 - June 30 - Summer School at Shull
July 27 - District Registration - ALL students must be registered
Aug 2 - District Registration - ALL students must be registered
Aug 15 - Meet The Teacher
Aug 17 - First Day of the 2016-2017 School Year!
Quick Tip Reporting System
Did you know that you can report school safety and bullying concerns through our district wide Quick Tip reporting system? The link below will take you directly to the sytem.
Join My Text Message Remind Group!
To sign up to receive important school text reminders:
- open text messaging on your phone
- enter the phone number 81010
- type this in the body of the text: @sharksrock
- send the text!