An e-newsletter from Sunnyside Elementary School
September 19, 2023
Celebrations at Sunnyside
Monday, September 25
No School for Students - Rosh Hashanah
Tuesday, September 26
Summer Orchestra 5th/6th Grades to Twins Game
Friday, October 6
Sunnyside PTA's Sunsational FUNdraiser ends
Monday, October 9
No School for Students - Indigenous Peoples' Day
Tuesday, October 10
Sunnyside PTA Meeting, 6:00pm–7:00pm, Sunnyside Library
Tuesday–Friday, October 10–13
Sunnyside Literati Book Fair
Thursday, October 12
Communication Night, 3:45pm–7:45pm
Tuesday, October 17
Communication Night, 3:45pm–7:45pm
Thursday–Friday, October 19–20
No School for Students - MEA
To see more events on the Sunnyside calendar, visit www.moundsviewschools.org/sunnysidecalendar.
A message from Sunnyside PTA
Sunnyside Sunsational FUNdraiser Goal Update
We are 1 week into our Sunsational FUNdraiser and are making good progress towards our goal, but we still need your support.
- Currently, we’re at $10,760.00 - 35% to goal!
- 50% of students have registered online…we just need 25% more to earn Sunnyside T-shirts for all students!
- 23% of students have participated with a donation
- 50 State Challenge: We have donations from 16 states so far. Check out our current map and reach out to your out-of-state family and friends to help us get a donation from every state!
Check out of Sunsational FUNdraiser school page for the latest numbers!
Have you registered your student online? Online registration is the best way for us to gather student T-shirt sizes. We would like to get the Sunnyside T-shirts ordered and distributed as quickly as possible. The more students registered the faster we will be able to get the shirts to students. Help us ensure your student receives the appropriate size T-shirt by registering online and selecting their size!
Registration is quick and easy.
- Register your parent dashboard and complete your child’s student webpage with a PICTURE at getmovinfundhub.com. School Identifier: 62a1f07255932
- Make an online donation using the red Donate button right away
- Share with friends and family, they want to help!
- Send 10-15 emails and/or text messages
- Post Facebook or Twitter
- Help your child reach their goal in 24/48 hours
If you have concerns about posting your child’s information online, please read the following regarding the security built into student fundraising pages created through FundHub:
- All student pages are secure and cannot be found through a search engine using the child’s name in a browser. They are encrypted with a 12-15 digit code to make them very secure. The only way a person could find a student’s page is if the parent chooses to share it via email or social media.
If you have any issues getting your student’s account set up, please reach out to us at SunnysideElementaryPTA@gmail.com
Sunnyside's Literati Book Fair is coming soon
The fall Sunnyside Book Fair will be held the week of October 10–13. We are trying a new vendor this fall called Literati. This is a great way to get some early holiday shopping done and benefit Sunnyside students at the same time!
Literati has a variety of shopping options that all benefit our school:
Shop at the book fair in October
Shop online early
Join the Literati Book Club to benefit our school all year long
You can purchase an online gift card for your student to spend at the fair to eliminate sending money to school.
Here is a link to explore and shop early.
More information will be sent home the closer we get to the fair. Please contact Carrie Sypherd (email@example.com) the library media specialist at Sunnyside with any questions. Happy reading!
Seeking Sunnyside yearbook volunteers
Main Office: 651-621-7600
2070 County Road H
New Brighton, MN 55112