Tiger News from Principal Stilwell
A great big Tiger welcome to all of our new and returning students and families to Garfield Elementary! I'm so excited about our launch to the 2022-2023 school year. I know this is going to be our best year ever!
Communication is really important. I wanted to let you know when/what you can expect from me and how best to reach me.
- Tiger News from Principal Stilwell You will receive important information on Sundays via this electronic newsletter. At the top will be the week at-a-glance as well as a look-ahead to important events coming up. All documents, links and details are embedded in the newsletter making this an important hub for us to communicate and share resources. Please note the translation and accessibility features.
- You can (and please do!) reach me via email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 425-385-4700, or text 425-327-2507 any time. I will respond within 24 hours.
Important Back to School Dates!
Thursday September 1
- Email & phone calls sent with teacher assignments
- Back-to-School Night 6:00 - 7:00 pm
Wednesday September 7
- First Day of School for First Grade - Fifth Grade
Monday September 12
- First Day of School for Kindergarten
- Let's Connect Event at Madison Elementary 6-7 pm (see below for details)
Back-to-School Night at Garfield!
When: Thursday September 1
Time: 6:00 - 7:00 pm
- Come and check-in at tables in front of the school to receive card with teacher assignment, information and food tickets (no cost).
- Classrooms will be open for families to come visit (students are welcome to drop off their supplies).
- Need school supplies? Come to our gym and get your backpack and all grade level supplies.
- Visit student support team in the gym for information and resources for families.
- Use tickets given at check-in for pizza, drinks and a treat in the covered area.
Meals at Garfield
Community Eligibility Program (CEP) update for 2022-23. As we continue to return to ‘normal’ the USDA is not able to extend the ‘free meals for all’ waiver program for all schools any longer. Our school qualifies for CEP which means school meals continue to be free for all students at our school, regardless of free and reduced lunch qualification.
Even though meals at our school are at no charge, it is important for families to fill out the ‘Family Income Report’ to qualify and provide students access to fee waivers and other services and provide our district access to federal and state funding.
Check your email to fill out the Family Income Report.
Click www.everettsd.org/FoodNutritionServices or go to our school’s homepage for more information.
Breakfast at Garfield!
Let's Connect in Region One!
You are invited to connect with the Region One Regional Superintendent, Pete Misner, to engage in conversation about Back to School and to provide feedback to help us improve. We want to hear from you and hope you can attend an in-person meeting to share your thoughts.
Topic: Back to School
Date: October 6, 2022
Time: 6 - 7 p.m.
Location: Madison Elementary School
Questions that will be posed:
- What are the academic needs your student may have?
- What does student achievement mean to you?
Spike is so excited for the 2022-2023 school year. He is still wearing a mask but masks are optional for students and staff to wear at this time.
At Garfield we are PAWSitively awesome. We show are Tiger Pride by being respectful, responsible, safe and kind. This year we are focused on our mindsets - we BELIEVE. We believe in ourselves and each other and we know each and every one of us will achieve to high levels. Go Tigers!
We will be celebrating our Tiger Pride on Fridays! Students will be encouraged to show their Tiger Pride by wearing Garfield Elementary gear on Fridays! All new students and students that have outgrown their blue shirts from last year will receive new blue Garfield elementary shirts during the first few weeks of school.