March 12, 2020
Here's What Happened This Week
- On Monday, PTO Winter Workshop, Wacky Science & Sports Spectacular, met after school
- On Tuesday our Community Service Club met after school
- On Wednesday, PTO Winter Workshop, Yoga, met after school
- Today all PTO Winter Workshops were canceled.
- The Musical planned for this evening is canceled.
- Tomorrow, PTO Winter Workshops are canceled.
What's Happening Next?
- Tuesday is an early dismissal day. We dismiss at 12:25 PM.
- On Tuesday our PM Kindergarteners attend school in the morning. Our AM Kindergarteners stay home.
PTO Winter Workshops
As Warwick continues to work with the Central Bucks School District to gauge the impact of the Coronavirus, we are taking steps to ensure that learning continues. An email was sent to families today to share our plans at this moment for Distance Learning, Field Trips, and Events.
As Dr. Kopicki, Superintendent communicated yesterday (https://www.cbsd.org/covid), we met with Warwick staff members to share our Distance Learning plan, and to train teachers on the steps to a successful implementation in the event that we need to close school.
Some of the work students would need involves access to resources. Therefore, teachers and students are bringing home some additional tools. Resources like an independent reading book, graphic organizers, math tools, and more, will strengthen the Distance Learning plan. The materials in this tool-kit will vary depending upon the age and grade of your child, and at the elementary level, will focus on maintaining and reviewing skills. If we need to go into Distance Learning mode, the learning may look different, but our teachers are ready to provide support and instruction with the goal of maintaining and strengthening skills.
In addition to preparing for continued classroom learning, we are also working with the District, our teachers, transportation, and families as we respond to the cancelation of field trips and events also communicated by Dr. Kopicki.
The District is closely monitoring the recommendations of the CDC and other health agencies with special attention to the information in our particular area. As you know, we postponed the second night of the musical last week to allow the building to be cleaned. With the most recent email from CBSD, tonight's rescheduled show is again canceled. Similarly, tomorrow's 3x3 Basketball Tournament is canceled and the PTO Sportsplex Event is canceled.
It is always our goal to provide a safe learning environment. Communication is necessary to accomplish that. Please continue to monitor our website at www.cbsd.org/covid for accurate, authentic updates and to review previous communications. Please feel free to call our Director of Communications, Angela Linch, at 267-893-2073 with specific questions so that they may be promptly addressed.
Also, the Community Connections meeting with Dr. Kopicki at Warwick on May 14 has been canceled.
So long as you have accurate phone and/or email information in the Parent Portal, you will receive CBSD notifications.
March Boomerang Nominee, Asset #17
This month’s boomerang asset is #17 Creative Activities. Young person spend 3 or more hours per week in lessons practicing music, theater or arts.
February Boomerang Nominees, Asset #26 Caring
January Boomerang Nominees, Asset #27 Equality & Justice
Gabrielle A, Arianna G, Hailey M,; and Hailey M was the district winner for the month of January! Congratulations!
Click here to see more events planned for Warwick during this school year.
For Reporting Student Absences and Excuses...
EMAIL LINE: email@example.com
The 2019-2020 yearbooks will be on sale starting this Sunday, February 16th! Yearbooks are $18 now but will go up to $20 for any extras copies that are available in June. However, there is no guarantee that there will be copies available in June, so please order a yearbook in advance. If ordering for multiple children, please pay for each student separately to help with distribution to the proper classrooms. Payments must be made using My Payments Plus, and the window for payment will be open this Sunday through Sunday, March 15th. Thank you for your support!
The earlier people register, the better we can plan!
Use this link to update your student's emergency information, check attendance, see immunizations, and more.
- Previous Warwick Weeklies
- Warwick Parent/Guardian Handbook
- Library Newsletters: Check out upcoming events, what books are hot, and what students in each grade are learning in the Warwick Library!
- Having trouble finding that next great book to read. Try the "What Should I Read Next website: https://whatshouldireadnext.com.
- My Payments Plus
- Lunch Menu
- Apply for Free/Reduced Breakfast & Lunch
- Teacher Web Pages
- Parent/Guardian Volunteer Requirements
- PTO: Web Page and Letter from our President
- When to Keep your Student Home from School for Illness
- CBSD Mobile App - Parents and guardians can get a FREE CB App to keep up with all things Warwick and CB.
- Before/Aftercare at Warwick
- Parent Portal - Ongoing student progress reporting and more.
- CB Cares Education Foundation's Backpack Newsflash
- E-Friday Folder
- We Want to Hear from You - An online place to record feedback for us on how we did each week
Help Support Warwick
You can support Warwick while you shop. It is easy! Here is how...
- Giant A+: Go to https://giantfoodstores.com/ and select SIGN IN or REGISTER. Once Logged in, select MY ACCOUNT, then MANAGE MY ACCOUNT, then REWARDS & SAVINGS. You will need your 11-digit BONUSCARD number and school ID number which is 26483. If you need assistance, call 1-888-814-4268 option 1.
- Box Tops: Stay tuned for NEW information on how to "clip" Box Tops without using scissors at all!
- Amazon Smile: Go to Amazon Smile and use the search feature to find Warwick Elementary PTO in Jamison, PA. When shopping at Amazon, use Amazon Smile to benefit Warwick.
Thank you for your continued support!
Click here to learn more about our amazing PTO and how you can get involved!
Follow us on Twitter
Get Warwick Tweets by following @CBWarwickElem on Twitter. Or you can view our Twitter feed by visiting our Warwick home page.
Follow/Like us on Facebook
New this year, Warwick has its own Facebook Page. We will use this to communicate highlights and upcoming events much like we do using Twitter.
Follow the instructions to download the free CBSD app to stay connected with all of your selected CBSD schools.