The Fort Report Weekly News
October 23, 2020
From The Principal's Desk
This week marked Early Release Conference Week! Thank you for participating in these crucial conversations and for being an influential partner in your child's education. We also thank our awesome PTA for still being able to provide snacks for our teachers this week! Also, PTA has planned a week of fun Red Ribbon Week activities for all learners! We hope everyone (Digital and In-Person students) participates next week. Please see information under "PTA".
Also, another important date is approaching. October 28th parents will begin making their decisions for their child's instructional setting for 2nd semester. Please see details below!
Thank you for all your support! Have a wonderful weekend!
Proud to be YOUR Principal,
Dr. Barbara Tucker
Barbara Tucker, Ed.D., Principal
Jennifer Hicks, Ed.S., Assistant Principal (Pre-K/1st, 3rd and 5th Grades)
Candace Williams, Ed.S., Assistant Principal (Kinder, 2nd and 4th Grades)
INSTRUCTIONAL SETTING DECISION FOR 2ND SEMESTER
Beginning October 28, Gwinnett parents and guardians will make a decision about how their children will learn during second semester. Like this semester, families may select either in-person instruction at their child’s school or digital learning at home. As students and families are more familiar with these two options and what they entail, the decisions families make will be for the entire semester.
The Spring Instructional Preference Questionnaire will be available in your Parent Portal account October 28 through 11:59 p.m. on November 15.
If you do not have a parent portal account, please go to the school district website for information or contact your local school to request one.
We will remind you on October 28 that the window for making your family’s decision regarding second semester is open.
- Do I have to complete this if my child will not change instructional settings? No
- What happens if I don't complete this? For example, in the summer, it defaulted to in-person if the parent didn't complete. It will default to their current instructional setting
- Will parents get a hand-out that shows them how to find this on the parent portal? When you sign onto the parent portal, a direction form will pop up to walk you through the process.
Do You Golf or Know Someone Who Does? We Need You!
How Do I Access E-Books?
Online Book Fair Ends Wednesday, Oct. 28th!
Dear Parents and Families:
· Every dollar you spend will benefit our school directly (25% back in rewards!)
· Free shipping for books only orders over $25.00. All orders are shipped directly to your home address.
Fair Dates: Monday, October 19-October 28
Online Store: https://www.scholastic.com/bf/fortdanielelementaryschool
Hurry and order your books today!