February: Hillsdale Area Career Center
Student Enrollment Update: 2020-2021
If you are interested in enrollment, please fill out the enrollment form.
Health Sciences: Programming 2020........Redesign
To accommodate 2 levels of students, we are looking at providing options for students in Level 2. We are exploring certification options such as: Phlebotomy and EMT. These certifications would be for the Fall semester. CNA certification would remain in the Spring.
- HACC has applied and been approved for a new CTE program. Education General
- Students in Engineering, Welding and Construction Trades will receive OSHA 10 training in the Spring.
- Students in Welding, Brazing and Soldering will be required to complete SENSE certification testing this year. This is a new credential identified by MDE in the fall for this CIP Code. This was not budgeted for because the credential for Welding was not identified by MDE at the time of budgeting. We are currently determining funding for the testing. A combination of Perkins and General fund might be possible.
- We now have 2 instructors that can teach Basic Life and CPR certification. Mr. Duff and Mrs. Tharp will work on certifying all Seniors at HACC. We work with local districts to make sure Seniors meet this graduation requirement.
- Engineering students are participating in MDOT Bridge Building Competition.
8th grade visits
Eighth grade visits are currently being scheduled. We are hoping to get all visits completed by the end of May. If you would like to visit the HACC and see our programs, please contact us @ 517-689-1881.