What is Church Membership?
1. Hear the Word of God preached
2. Perform the ordinances that Jesus gave to the church (Baptism, The Lord's Supper)
3. Commit to the 'one another' commandments (love one another, exhort one another, admonish one another, hold one other accountable)
For even as the body is one and yet has many members, and all the members of the body, though they are many, are one body, so also is Christ. For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body, whether Jews or Greeks, whether slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many. 1 Corinthians 12:12-14
Click the video below to hear how Trip Lee answers the question, "Is church membership really necessary?"
Our Path to Membership
2. Baptism by immersion - though not a prerequisite to salvation, baptism is a public pronouncement of your faith in Christ. (Matthew 28:19)
3. Meet with a pastor - we want to get to know you, hear your testimony, and see how we can help you get plugged in at Crossroads.
4. Complete the Membership Detail Form - We will email this to you after you meet with a pastor.
5. Presented in front of church on Sunday - It is good for the church body to know who you are and celebrate that you have decided to join us in our endeavor to make disciples. This step is encouraged, but not required.