Weekly Staff Update
1/11/16 - 1/15/16
1/11: Boys Basketball Home games
1/12: Victimproof Follow Up; School Improvement Meeting (Testing; Curriculum Maps)
1/13: T.H.E. Program
1/14: Lockdown Drill (3rd hour); JAZ Tutoring
1/15: 6th Grade Writing Club (Lunch)
*All Month: Board Appreciation Month
Timed Pair Share
1. Students are paired and work in pairs.
2. Present a problem to the students.
3. Provide them with a specific amount of time to write their answers.
4. Students discus their answers with either their face or shoulder partners.
5. Call on students to share with the class the answer they have developed with their partners.
• Instead of sharing out with the class, they share with their answers with the other team at their table. This is called Timed-Pair-Square.
• To increase equal participation, after think time, make the students share their answers in a Round Robin format at their table.
1. Model good listening skills.
2. Model how pairs discuss instead of just one member answering the question Social Skills
1. Active Listening
2. Appropriate noise level.
More SIP Info
I live in Croswell with my husband, Greg, and two children. We have Zach who just turned six and Abbigail who is three. We also have a dog, two cats, a parrot, and an albino frog. This is my seventh year teaching at Yale Junior High. Before Yale, I taught at an elementary school in AuGres, MI. I taught 5th grade for four years, and 4th grade for one year. I also taught for one year at Baker College. I then was hired in Yale as an 8th grade teacher, teaching science and language arts. I taught that for one year then have been teaching 6th grade every since. I currently teach 6th grade math and science. I received my Bachelor's Degree from Central Michigan University (Go Chips!) and my Master's Degree from Saginaw Valley State University. Some day, I plan to obtain a Doctorate Degree. I love learning and teaching others!
Favorite Color: Yellow
Favorite Food: Pizza
Favorite Music: Country
Favorite Movie: Fried Green Tomatoes
Favorite TV Show: No Favorite
Favorite Vacation: Florida
Favorite University/College: CMU
PTO Trip Raffle
Monday, Feb. 1st, 7:30-7:30am
198 School Drive
EASY WAYS TO HELP
Yale Junior High PTO
1. Download Shoparoo to your mobile device. You will scan any grocery, fuel, or non-grocery receipt. We also have a Yale Junior High PTO page on Facebook, please like us!
Be sure to select Yale Junior High
2. Please donate ANY AND ALL used ink cartridges and cell phones (even if they are damaged) by bringing them into the office. We will be recycling them and receiving money for our media center in exchange!
3.VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME! JOIN US AT OUR NEXT MEETING or assist us in counting Vinckier Rewards or Aunt Millies labels.
“Like” us on Facebook – Yale Junior High PTO (click on 'YJH PTO' above to link to the page)