A Weekly Communication Tool for Rice Elementary Staff
- Ensuring ALL students are in attendance.
- Cultivating a climate that welcomes students and parents.
- Creating opportunities for students to use and increase critical thinking and decision-making skills.
- Moving from Parent Involvement to Parent Engagement.
Staff Shout Outs
Mrs. Morgan is always trying to find connections with the curriculum to allow her students to explore in the STEM lab. Your kids are loving it!!!
Week at a Glance: March 4th-8th
**Team Lunch (Covered by Specials Team)
8:30-Student Progress Meeting
2nd Grade Science DCC #3
1:15-1st Grade Cohort PD
2:10-Kinder Cohort PD
3:30-Student Progress Meeting
3rd/4th ELA PLC
3rd & 4th Grade Science Leadership Team
3rd ELA Planning Day
1st & 2nd Grade DCC #3
7:00-Content Leader Meeting
8:30-St. Anthony Visit in Kinder
3rd/4th Math PLC
1st& 2nd Grade Science Leadership Team
10:25-2nd Grade Cohort PD
Kona Ice Day
1st/2nd Grade Math PLC
3rd Science DCC #3
4th Math CA #5
4th Science DCC #3
Big Art Day
8:00-11:30-Rice Way Team Meeting (Library)
7:30-Malinda @ CHS Feeder Principal's Meeting
K/1st/2nd Grade ELA PLC
12:05-Early Release ***schedule below**
9:00-2nd Grade Program
TELPAS Social Studies sample due
Preparing for Spring Break
Please take some time once students are gone to make sure the following is complete before you leave for the break. We need to have our rooms ready for a strong start when we come back from Spring Break.
- Classrooms are clean and organized
- Hallways are clean
- No food is left within the classroom or team room/fridge
- All computers/IPads are locked in carts
Staff Transfers for 2019-2020
Now is the time of year to begin completing your Inter & Intra District transfer if you would like for your child to attend Rice and you do not live within our zone.