Your WestWood PTC Update
Welcome to the 2018-19 School Year! It is going to be fabulous!
The PTC welcomes you to WestWood Elementary & SAGE Academy for a great year!
Back to School Night was a fun open house night for students to meet their teachers and see their classrooms. Thank you to the teachers and staff who prepped the school and classrooms and are prepared for learning! The PTC distributed FREE PLANNERS to all of our 1st-5th students- our welcome gift!
Student Benefit Dollars have been distributed to staff members to assist with the cost of new classroom supplies for our students. We are so excited to do this for our staff!
The PTC Calendar of Activities has been sent home in a backpack near you - please save this yellow sheet and keep it handy for the year!
WestWood T-shirts have a new design to bring some pride to All School Meeting days! They are available to purchase on FeePay.
Our annual Readathon Fundraiser will kick off on October 5th. Please watch for more information and know that this is our LARGEST fundraiser of the year! We appreciate your support and look forward to fun incentives, surprising some teachers, and a fun reading event!
Follow us on Facebook!
--- Help Wanted ---
Coordinator Positions Available
- Art Adventure Coordinator (and volunteer teachers!)
- Bravo Coordinator (and volunteer teachers!)
- Movie Ticket Sales (Fall)
- Restaurant Night Coordinator (Year-round or split into 2)
- Volunteer Coordinator (send out our SignUp Genius emails from home!)
- Website/Word Press Editor (https://westwoodptc.com)
Everyone can help! Use Amazon Smile, Order Mabel's Labels, & Save your Box Tops, Milk Moola, and Tyson labels!
- Shop smile.amazon.com at no additional charge to you
- Order from Mabel's Labels fundraising (http://campaigns.mabelslabels.com) at no additional charge to you
- Save Box Tops for Education and return on Box Tops Sheet for monthly prizes in the classroom
- Save Kwik Trip's Milk Moola caps and Tyson Project A+ labels and return to the bin in the WestWood lobby
- Questions? See our PTC website for more information: (https://westwoodptc.com)
Thank you for your support!
Keep your belongings OUT of Lost & Found with Mabel's Labels
- The morning started cool but then warmed up? Sweatshirt left behind - LABEL IT!
- Misplaced that water bottle? LABEL IT FIRST!
- Backpack looks the same as another? LABEL IT!
- Stocking up on winter gear because it is Minnesota, after all - LABEL IT ALL!
- 5th grader heading to Wolf Ridge this fall? LABEL HIM!
--- Upcoming Events ---
Ice Cream Social
- Welcome your friends and WestWood families back to school and play on the playground. (In case of rain, we will move indoors to the cafeteria.)
- Enjoy some complimentary cool treats!
- Win a prize! (Raffle prizes will be awarded per grade level - must be present to enter our free drawing!)
- Parents are invited to attend a grade-level information session. Teachers will tell you about what your child will be learning this year, special events, and other information. Identical sessions at 6:00 and 6:30 - see you there!
Can't make it? View the meeting minutes on our website!
- https://westwoodptc.com (subscribe for meeting minutes notifications)
Spirit Week, September 24-28
Watch for fun SPIRIT DAYS activities to do this week! Maybe some crazy hair and pajama days are in your future!
Friday evening is the Lakers football game vs. Burnsville - Go Lakers!
WHERE: Wendy's 7611 Egan Drive (42/13 near Target) in Savage
Wendy's has partnered with us to do monthly WestWood nights - hooray! Enjoy a quick dinner at Wendy's or use the drive-thru. When you order, tell them you are here for WESTWOOD NIGHT to earn money for WestWood PTC (at no additional cost to you!).
We hope to set up more WestWood Restaurant Nights at additional locations - watch for more dates and details!
Our 2018-19 PTC Board
Jessica Olstad, President
Rachel Carlson, Vice President
Nichole Meyer, Secretary
Amy Zwart, Treasurer
Stay informed and be involved!
- Visit our website at https://westwoodptc.com (subscribe for meeting minutes)
- Contact us at PTCWestWood@gmail.com
- Receive volunteer opportunities (via SignUp Genius) by sending your email to WestWoodVolunteer@gmail.com - no guilt or pressure! Help if and when you can!
- Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/westwoodptc