Eagan High School Newsletter
Newsletter #17 - January 8, 2021
High School Teacher Professional Development Day - Wednesday, January 13th
· Monday 4:00pm- 5:30pm
· Tuesday 7:30am- 9:00am
· Wednesday 10:00am- 11:00am (Digital Academy Meals will continue)
· Thursday 7:30am- 9:00am
· Friday 7:30am- 9:00am
Look for the banner and sign for the distribution location. Families with children in multiple schools are encouraged to pick-up all seven-day meal kits at one school.
Initially, families will be asked to complete this Seven-Day Meal Kit Interest Survey. This will allow the Food and Nutrition Services department to prepare the number of meal kits needed. The survey only needs to be completed once.
The U.S. Dept. of Agriculture has authorized funding for schools to provide meals at no charge to children, 18 and younger, for the entire school year. All secondary families are encouraged to participate in this opportunity. Any child 18 and younger, or parent/guardian of a child is able pick up these seven-day meal kits. For contactless distribution, the seven-day meal kit boxes will be placed on a 6-foot table with a bag of milk on the side. Families will be able to take as many boxes as needed for their children. Food and Nutrition Staff will monitor and replenish the table as needed.
Books and Needed Materials Pick Up or Drop Off at EHS, Remains Open and Available
Opportunity for Junior Students
We want to share an amazing opportunity that your junior student will benefit from. We encourage you to read this email for more information!
We partner with Genesys Works, an organization that provides opportunities for students to work in meaningful, paid internships at top Twin Cities corporations. They also provide support in helping students develop a post-high school plan that fits with their hopes and dreams.
At Genesys Works, your student can pursue opportunities and invest in their future by participating in:
- A free 8 week Summer Institute.
- It’s an opportunity to gain real-world skills like public speaking, Microsoft Office, business technology, teamwork, and more –and they’ll earn college credit!
- A paid yearlong internship.
- It’s a paid corporate internship where students will work for 12 months at one of the top companies in the Twin Cities like 3M, Medtronic, Target, or Ameriprise Financial earning $15,000 their senior year!
- College and Career Connections programming.
- It’s creating and implementing a specific plan for their futures as students will work with Genesys Works on how to accomplish what they want to do after they graduate high school
- Alumni Programming.
- It’s access to a long-lasting network that ensures students will have opportunities to enter internships, attend workshops, and build a network with Twin Cities professionals.
They are seeking students who are interested in having a successful professional career and want to be exposed to a business environment before starting college. While their internships are technology and business focused, they do not require any prior knowledge of technology or business to be a part of the program. Genesys Works will teach participants everything they need to know.
If this is an opportunity you want to learn more about, please have your student attend one of the upcoming informational Zoom sessions:
Thursday, January 14th @ 1:15 PM – ZOOM INVITE LINK
Wednesday, January 20th @ 10:00 AM – ZOOM INVITE LINK
If you have any questions about this program please connect with a Genesys Works staff member by emailing GWTCrecruitment@genesysworks.org
Eagan High School Theatre Presents...
Viewing Available NOW- Nearly 500 households have already viewed this production! Don't miss it!
Video Rentals will stream from Dec. 12 - Jan. 27
Once you start watching, you have 48 hours to complete the viewing
CLICK HERE for ticket information