Crew's News - Mrs. Copeland's Class
November 14, 2014
What are we up to?
IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
Dictionary Skills: 2nd grade Lang. Arts - HH.1, HH.2
Compound Words: 2nd grade Lang. Arts - EE.1, EE.2 and 3rd grade Lang. Arts - QQ.3
Writing - Learning how to write like a scientist (using a hypothesis and learning the scientific method)
Math - Skip Counting by 2s, 5s, 10s, and 100s.
IXL - https://www.ixl.com/signin/indiahook
- Struggling? - Work on Kindergarten tab Skip Counting (F.1, F.2, F.3, F.4)
- Grade level Practice - Work on 2nd grade tab Counting and Number Patterns (A.1, A.2, A.3, A.4, A.5)
- Need a challenge? - Work on 2nd grade tab Counting and Number Patterns (A.11, A.12, A.13, A.14), or work on the 3rd grade tab (A.7, A.8)
Science - Force and Motion unit
Here are the videos we are using in class to help us understand force and motion. The flocabulary link has a GREAT song that we are using daily!
**Our Government unit was assessed this week. The assessment grade will be reflected in the Red Folders next week.
- November 18 - Marco's Spirit Day (all day)
- November 19 - School Improvement Council Meeting - 7:30am
- November 21 - Make up Picture Day
- Scholastic Orders Due
- Thanksgiving Lunch - 11:30
Family members are invited to join their child in a Thanksgiving Lunch held Nov. 21. 2nd grade will be going to lunch at 11:30 that day. Please make sure you have cash (exact change would be best) or a check; no debit or credit cards.
- November 25 - Yearbook Contest ends
- November 26-28 - NO SCHOOL - Thanksgiving Break!
This year the IHES yearbook staff is having a contest for the yearbook cover. Here are the directions from the yearbook staff:
STARTING WEDNESDAY November 12. They will be given two weeks to design a rough draft on the paper. The cover can have ANY design of the artist’s choosing BUT it must center around Pirates, fill the ENTIRE SPACE (as if it were an open cover of a book) and incorporate the school name or school initials and school year. When the rough draft is done it can be turned in with the artist’s name on the back and the artist’s teacher’s name and grade level. If students worked with a sibling (or siblings) or partner all students’ names, teachers’ name and grade levels must be on the back. Only current IHES students may participate. Any medium EXCEPT pencil sketch can be used. ALL Drawings are due at the end of the day Tuesday November 25!
Change In Early Dismissal Policy - Effective 11/10/2014
Students are not allowed to leave school after 2:00pm UNLESS a doctor's excuse/appointment card is presented to the office by the parent at the time of dismissal. In addition, no transportation changes can be made AFTER 2:00pm.
Jump Rope for Heart
Students can bring the coupon back with a parent signature to receive a lanyard and Splatter Quacky duck. They do not have to have $$ at this time. A flyer went home today about online registration with information and important dates.
There is no special event for JRFH. It will occur during PE classes the week of Dec 1-5.
Scholastic Book Orders
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: L6J42
You can shop and submit your order online or return the printed order form with payment. No matter how you order, every purchase you make earns FREE Books and educational supplies for our classroom. November book orders (online or paper/payment) are due Nov. 21.
Ordering online is fast and easy:
- VISIT scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the one-time Class Activation Code (top of this letter)
- SHOP from a carefully curated selection of the best books, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT your order and earn FREE Books for our classroom
- All book orders will be shipped to our classroom so we can celebrate the joy of reading together!
Wrestling Classes at Rock Hill High
What: Folkstyle Wrestling
Sign-ups- Tuesday, November 11, 2014 @ 6:45 PM through Thursday, November 20, 2014
Practices- Tuesday and Thursday starting on November 18, 2014
Where: Rock Hill High School (old gym)
Cost: Cost of SCWAY card and instructions will be given at signups
For Details: Contact Cain Beard, Ryan Whitmore, or Justin Williams at Rock Hill High School (803) 981-1300
or via email at