On The Right Track
Tecnology Design Cycle Repost
Identify The Problem
The product created to explain how assessment in grade 8 must:
· be stand alone
· be appropriate in length (not to long or too short)
· for MYP students (audience)
· outline assessment criteria, how each assessment criteria is graded and how and overall grade is calculated
· use a good balance of images and text
· when information and/or images are used from other sources - it must be referenced
The spreadsheet created must:
· include all subject
· include all assessment criteria
· allow for multiple units of work
· calculate averages, when appropriate
· include overall grade
· use different cell colours for different subjects· include a heading
- Was the stand alone product appropriate for the target audience (MYP Students)?
- Was there a careful balance between text and image in the stand alone product?
- Were all classes covered in the stand alone?
- Was there a clear introduction on the stand alone?
- Was the color scheme, font choice and layout stylish and effective?
- Was the spreadsheet complete with space for all subjects, all assessment criteria, all units of work?
- Did the spreadsheet have an excellent title?
- Was coloring used effectively on the spreadsheet?
- Did the spreadsheet use formula for average, sum, sorting and display appropriate cell merge, bordering and shading?
- Was the layout excellent?
- name three things you liked about the stand alone presentation.
- list three key facts from the stand alone.
- name three things that should be changed on the stand alone to make it better.
- name three things you liked about the spreadsheet.
- name three things that should be changed so that the spreadsheet is better.
The MYP is designed for students aged 11 to 16. It provides a framework of learning which encourages students to become creative, critical and reflective thinkers. MYP is Middle year program. It only in IB school that have MYP. It will outline for assessment for each subject.
Technology: i have interview my teacher for the score of all the criteria
- total 36
- Knowledge and understanding 8/8
- Investigating patterns 8/8
- Communication in mathematics 6/6
- Reflection in mathematics 6/6
- total 28/28
- knowledge 10/10
- concept 10/10
- skills 10/10
- organization and presentation 8/8
- total 38/38
- Oral communication—message and interaction 8/8
- Oral communication—language 8/8
- Writing—message and organization 8/8
- Writing—language 8/8
- Reading comprehension 8/8
- total 40/40
- One world 6/6
- communication in science 6/6
- Knowledge and understanding 6/6
- scientific inquiry 6/6
- processing data 6/6
- attitude in science 6/6
- total 30/30
- knowledge and understanding 8/8
- application 10/10
- reflection and evaluation 8/8
- personal engagement 8/8
- total 34/34 (BISS, 2009)
- USE OF KNOWLEDGE 8/8
- MOVEMENT COMPOSITION 6/6
- PERFORMANCE 10/10
- SOCIAL SKILLS AND PERSONAL ENGAGEMENT 8/8
- total 32/32
Wikipedia. Wikimedia Foundation, 28 Aug. 2013. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.
About MYP Assessment
"Tips for New Staff." Assessing Student Learning. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.
"MYP - Mathematics Criteria Assessment." MYP - Mathematics Criteria Assessment. N.p., n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.
BISS. "MYP - The Arts Criteria Assessment." MYP - The Arts Criteria Assessment. BISS, 2009. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.
BISS. "MYP - Humanities Criteria Assessment." MYP - Humanities Criteria Assessment. BISS, n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.
BISS. "A. ONE WORLD." MYP. BISS, n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.
BISS. "MYP - Physical Education Assessment Criteria." MYP - Physical Education Assessment Criteria. BISS, n.d. Web. 03 Sept. 2013.