Learning Commons Transition Tips
Start With Plenty of Enthusiasm. It's Contagious!
Getting Started, You Can Do IT!
- ask students and staff for ideas, needs and wants
- dream big
- just get moving, it is going to get messy
- make some space,
- create a design
- no two schools will be the same
- design zones
- keep it movable
- add the good stuff, time for some STEAM
- science,technology,engineering, art, and math
- comfy seating
- build a makerspace
- green screen production, Doink, imovies.
Get the Buzz Started!
- invite special guests to visit
- host a makernight or have a makerday (try once a month)
- use social media
- your students are your best advocates, they get each other excited!
- start a club
- invite teachers in for PD on Maker stuff
- take pictures, share your success
Saint Maria Goretti Learning Commons
Try some coding
Hour of Code
Time for reading and sharing
It"s still a Library!
Add some STEAM
Great science, technology, engineering, art, and math