Parks Press for Parents
Rosa Parks/Millbrook ISSDA
November 30-December 4, 2020
Our Vision: Every Student a Success!
Literacy does continue to be our focus, so I encourage you to participate in this week's Fall Family Literacy Game Night. We will be sharing some age and grade appropriate game-like activities that you can do for family fun while at the same time, increasing your child's literacy skills. Continue to make sure your child logs onto and works on Istation at least 15 minutes daily. For those of you that additional time requirements provided by your child's teacher, please follow those as they are specific to your child.
As we enter into the holiday season, be on watch for a number of family engagement activities that we will be hosting. Our students did a phenomenal job with the Thanksgiving Runaway Turkey Challenge. I am still excited by all of the creativity shown. Two more opportunities are coming up: Build a Digital Snowman and a Digital Christmas Tree Decorating Contest. Be on the lookout in Google Classroom for details.
with COVID-19. Parents should use these questions on the LANCASTER ISD COVID SCREENER FOR STUDENTS to screen their child daily.
Are you (student) lab-confirmed with COVID-19?
Have you recently been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results?
Have you (student) recently begun experiencing any of the symptoms in a way that is not normal? (See form for list of symptoms.)
Click here for access to the required reporting form if your child or someone in your home is lab confirmed, has had close contact, or is experience COVIS-19 symptoms.
Help us help your child each school day by ensuring they are fully prepared for face-to-face instruction.
- Students must bring their devices fully charged each day.
- Students must bring their chargers each day.
- Students must bring the required materials (paper, pencil, journal, etc.) for their classes each day.
- Students must have on a clean mask (provided by parent).
- Students must wear a face shield (provided by the school).
These are the very basics that are required for your child to have a successful learning experience. When students aren't prepared it slows down learning for our virtual and face-to-face students. We are in a pandemic currently and do not have extra staff, space, nor materials for students who come unprepared. We are not sharing materials. Therefore it is each households responsibility to ensure students arrive at school fully prepared each day. Parents please help us help your child by making sure they prepare all materials nightly; then check their backpacks, and bring them to school daily.
The Lancaster Independent School District attendance policy will be followed for both online and face-to face instruction. Students are expected to attend class meetings online AND complete assigned tasks to demonstrate engagement in learning and mastery of concepts. Student attendance in MANDATORY as absences may result in denial of credit. Attendance is taken daily during each synchronous class meeting (Reading, Math, Science, Writing, Social Studies).
Keep in contact with teachers and provide our attendance office with proper notice of absence. Students unable to attend face-to-face due to quarantine are still expected to complete assignments and attend synchronous class meetings when possible.
Last week we studied the word Thanksgiving. We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving and spent time with your child discussing reasons for being thankful. Please add this word to your daily vocabulary as you work with your child to help increase their working vocabulary.
Meaning: the act or expression of being thankful
Examples: Thanksgiving should be celebrated everyday. We always have something to be thankful for.
Click here for access to this month's newsletter from our Counselor, Ms. Catanach.
Information is shared through a number of mediums. Make sure you are connected, check your emails and dojo accounts regularly, and listen to the campus and district callouts.
Be sure to connect with us:
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/RPMElementary
- Twitter: @RPM_ISSD
- Instagram: Rpmelementary
- Class dojo: Teachers have sent invites to their classes. Be sure to check email for steps connect to your child's teacher.
- Parks Press for Parents: published weekly
- School website: RPMElementary@lancasterisd.org
- District website: www.Lancasterisd.org
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for morning announcements https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1Q6A-xIkX2gQ2Tc7BMYeZg
Check out our morning announcements "Live at 8:05" on FaceBook and YouTube. Be sure to follow and like our FB page and Subscribe on YouTube.
Please Note that Curbside Meal Service is only available at your child’s campus.
Distribution is from 10:00 A.M. – 12:30 P.M.
- Free Breakfast and Lunch for LISD students only (Pre-K- 8th grade)
- Until further notice, the district will be operating on a cashless basis. Parents of 9th-12th graders who do not qualify for free lunch need to ensure funds have been added to their My School Bucks account.
- Distributing multiple meals two days a week (Monday and Wednesday)
- Must have identification card that was mailed or present online enrollment information from parent portal.
Click to review and follow the details of the WEBOLearning Plan.
Be sure to click the button to access helpful videos for Google Classroom, Clever, and much more.
Nov. 30 Survey opens for Round 3 Face-to-Face vs. Virtual Learning
Dec. 2 Fall Family Literacy Game Night (6:00-7:00pm)
Dec. 3-18 Holiday Craze @ The Parks (Click button or see pick for details)
Dec. 3 Perot Museum Atmospheric Adventure 5th Grade (1:00-1:45)
Dec. 11 2nd 6 Weeks ends
Dec. 14 3rd 6 Weeks begins
Dec. 16 5th Grade WeatherMinds
Dec. 17 Report Card 2
Dec. 21-Jan. 4 Winter Break
Jan. 5 School Resumes
Jan. 18 MLK Day (District Closed)
Jan. 19 PreK Circle Assessments
Jan. 26-29 Benchmark Assessments