Scoggins Advanced Band Newsletter
Week of October 25
- Fan Angel Fundraiser
- Emerson HS Experience and Game Night
- Objective Cards
- Fall Recital Itinerary - Oct. 28
- All Region Audition Info
- Amazon Wish List
- Covid- Quarantine
- Upcoming Events
Our boosters are hard are work updating the prizes for this fundraiser and will be announced to the classes next week.
Emerson HS Experience & Game Night
Please note the extended time to 8pm. If a student needs to leave early that is fine please communicate in advance to their director.
We are looking forward to our social tonight with the Emerson High School Band! Below are important details for the event:
- Students are to be dropped off on the practice field which is located on the West Side of the School by 5pm.
- Please do not arrive prior to 4:50pm.
- Please enter EHS on the west side for access, do not enter through the circle drive.
- Students are encouraged to wear a band t-shirt, but it is not required.
- This event concludes at 8pm, and students will need to be picked up from the exterior entrance to the band hall which is on the west side of the school. Mr. Davis or Mrs. Brinkman will be outside beginning at 7:45 as a visual aide in knowing where to pick up your child.
- Students are welcome to bring portable gaming devices. Please note that video games will not happen until late in the evening, and students are responsible for their own gaming systems.
- The EHS students and directors have an awesome evening planned!
Performance Objective(Assessed At School) - Minor Grade
- These items will be passed off during class/sectionals by a director
Action Objective(Completed Outside of Class Period)
- This section will be for students who are looking for acceleration!
How to earn a Karate Belt
- Students must pass off ALL Performance Objectives and 1 Action Objectives.
- Parent Signatures on Action Objective Passed Off
- Belts will be awarded once every 3 weeks
Fall Etude Recital
Date: Thursday, October 28, 2021
Who? Performing- Select Members of Wind Ensemble
Attending - All Advanced Band Members are encouraged to attend
Where: Band Hall
Dress: Dress Nice! Think of clothing that you would wear for special events. Also take into
consideration if you will be standing or sitting while playing.
Individual Performance Times are posted in the front of the Band Hall. All performers are expected to be in attendance for the entire recital to show support and encouragement.
5:30 PM Band Hall Doors are unlocked for Performers (Fine Arts Wing can be used for individual Warm Up)
6:00 PM-Recital Begins
7:30 PM-Recital Concludes
*Performers will enter through exterior Band Hall doors(similar to sectionals). Friends and family attending the concert will enter through Fine Arts Entrance on the West side of the school facing Haystack Dr.
All Region Auditions
Phase 1 on Wednesday, then if they make it, Phase 2 on Saturday
- Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Percussion
Single Phased (Saturday ONLY audition):
- Oboe, Bassoon, Alto Sax, Tenor Sax, Bari Sax, Bass Clarinet, Euphonium, Tuba
If you child has a time request please contact me prior to Monday so I can discuss options.
Students auditioning will receive a Covid-19 Protocol form to fill out next week in class.
Tues AM/PM - Low Brass/Sax
Wed AM/PM - Clarinet/ Trumpet
Thurs AM/PM - Horn/ Flute -
AM - 7:45- 8:15
PM - 3:55-4:25
AM students will enter through exterior band hall doors near dumpsters.
Covid Positive or Quarantine?
Feeling Ill: Your child does not need to practice or worry about what is going on in band. We will catch them up once they return. Please have them clean their instrument prior to playing. Click HERE for instructions on how to clean brass instruments. Woodwind instruments need to throw away reeds that were used during the time they were ill.
Quarantine or Asymptomatic: Continue to practice as guided by the practice log focusing on the items assigned on the objective card.
October 22 - Emerson HS Experience REQUIRED FOR 8th Graders, Encouraged for 7th
October 28 - Etude Recital @ Scoggins 6PM
November 3 - Region Auditions Phase 1 @ Nelson MS -Select WE Members Only
November 6 - Region Auditions Phase 2 @ Prosper HS- Select WE Members Only
November 12/14 - Region Clinic and Concert @ McKinney Boyd HS - Only for students earning placement