Colrain Central School News
Where we learn by serving...
December 15, 2023
A Note From Mrs. Looman
- This is the last week to register your child for the Ski/Snowboard Club. If your child is interested in participating and you have not yet done so, please fill out the google form below.
- Mark your calendars! Our Winter Concert will be taking place on Wednesday, Dec. 20th from 2-3 pm. All are welcome to join us. The performance will be in the gymnasium. Hope to see you there.
- Next week, we have the privilege of having author and illustrator, Marty Kelley, visit! On Thursday, Dec. 21st, each class will get the opportunity to meet with him and learn more about his writing process, hear some of his work, and see how he goes from an idea to a published book. Marty has visited with us in the past and he is always super engaging and a LOT of fun! There will be an opportunity for families to order books if they would like, so keep an eye out for the order form. If you'd like to learn more about him, please visit his website https://www.martykelley.com/
- Friday, Dec. 22nd is a 12:30 dismissal. The after school program will close at 3:30 that day.
- School will be closed Dec. 25-Jan. 1 for winter break. School will reopen at our regular time on Tuesday, Jan. 2nd.
12/20: 2:00 Winter Concert
12/21: Author Marty Kelly visits
12/22: 12:30 dismissal, ASP closes at 3:30
12/25-1/1: No School-winter break
12:30 dismissals: 12/22
1:50 dismissals: 12/13
5th & 6th grade families
Mohawk Trail Regional School Performing Arts invites anyone interested in participating in the chorus of YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN to attend our auditions on Friday January 12, 2024 in the MTRSD auditorium. If your child is interested you must contact Miss Eva at firstname.lastname@example.org. All transportation information will be given by Miss Eva. Please note, while we are able to transport your student to auditions and rehearsals NO TRANSPORTATION IS AVAILABLE TO RETURN YOUR STUDENT HOME. A parent/guardian will have to pick up your cast/crew member.
Contact forms were sent home with your children today. Please contact email@example.com for another, or have your student bring it to auditions.
Rehearsals will begin on Wednesday February 28, 2024. 5 & 6 grade students will not be required at each rehearsal. The typical schedule for 5 & 6 will be Fridays only until a few weeks before production. You will get a full schedule after auditions. You will be notified via email if there are any changes.
A brief parents meeting for 5 & 6 will be held right after auditions on Friday January 12, 2024 in front of the auditorium.
Please consider allowing your child to participate in the chorus of YOU'RE A GOOD MAN, CHARLIE BROWN. They will have fun, learn some things and perform for the community on May 17 & 18 , 2024.
Questions to Miss Eva at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you in advance!