Room 311 News
Week of March 21
Note and Reminders
- Mar. 22nd - Teacher Experience Raffle Drawing
- Mar. 21st-28th - Kindness Week continues
- Mar. 28th - Apr. 1st - Spring Break
- Apr. 8th - AR Cut Off
- Apr. 15th - 16th - SEES Country Fair - 2 Days!
Kindness Week 2
Week of March 21-25 GKC Spirit Week
o Monday: Crazy for Kindness Crazy Hair Day
o Tuesday: Highlight Kindness: wear NEON
o Wednesday: Team Up for Kindness: wear your favorite team jersey
o Thursday: Peace, Love & Kindness: Dress like a Hippie
o Friday: Together We Can Achieve Kindness: SEES Spirit Wear Day
· GKC buddy posters are displayed on field fence
· Every classroom completes a kindness matters slide for a schoolwide digital slide presentation to be featured on our website
· Student Council will hold a Kindness Station before and after school and at recess and lunch
· Classrooms will appoint Kindness Ambassadors to recognize and reward acts of kindness on the playground and at the lunch tables with kindness tickets
· Flag Salute Friday, March 25th Great Kindness Challenge Wrap Up
o Kindness Ticket Raffle
o Student Council closing presentation
Fun Educational Resources
On Quizizz.com we can do a whole class challenge and have fun reviewing math, language arts, and more. I used this on the link for homework this week and many of the students reviewed the material many times trying to get that higher score.
This resource does not require any new account.
Quizlet, which sounds like the same thing, is another resource but is more like digital flashcards. It was originally intended for vocabulary work but can be used for many other topics. We tried using it for Branches of Government and multiplication this week.
After reviewing, it has a really fun game that requires collaboration among small teams in class.
An account is not required, but to track progress and save sets, students may want an account. Since they are under 13, this will require parent permission by having you sign up with your parent email address. If you would allow your student to join our class account, please have your student sign into their google account and go to https://quizlet.com/join/cvsaYSZmg . They should choose to "Sign up with Google". Create a user name and enter the parent email where it asks.
This will enter them into our private classroom.
Students do not need an account to use this resource.
Country Fair Basket Auction
If you know of any community or corporate contacts to request donations from, please let Lisa know and she will get in touch with them. email@example.com