Mrs. Foulk's News
· Monday, May 4 Testing-ELA Session #2: 130-2:30
· Tuesday, May 5 Testing- Math Session #1: 10:30-12:30
· Wednesday, May 6 Testing-Math Session #2: 1:30-2:30
· Special class is 9:25-10:05
· Lunch & Recess are 12:45-1:20
· Pack a healthy snack for your student each testing day.
· Encourage your child to eat a healthy breakfast each morning.
· Be sure your child gets a good night’s sleep.
· None! Other than coming to Fine Arts Festival on Thursday, May 7 from 6:30pm-8:00pm
- 5/1, 5/4, 5/5, & 5/6- MAP Testing
-Please be sure your child is here these days, and if they will not be here, let me know ahead of time!
- 5/1- CME Carnival 6-9pm
- 5/6- Field Day T-Shirt Orders Due
- 5/7- Fine Arts Festival- 6:30-8p.m.
- 5/15- Book Reports Due
- 5/15- Correct & Return work due
- 5/18- Talent Show
- 5/19-Year Book Signing (AM) & Field Day (PM)
- 5/21- Last Day of School-dismissal at 2:25pm
Fine Arts Festival
they don't feel the
pulling them down
While the other
animals, are stuck
in the force of the atmostophere
CME Testing Calendar for the MAP
We were busy wrapping up our poetry unit and preparing for the Writer’s Museum next week. I am loving all of the poems that the students are writing, and that they are getting their inspiration from so many different places.
As readers they did an awesome job writing about what poems are making them think or feel, as well as harvesting interesting words from various poems. I think the students have enjoyed reading a wide variety or poems throughout this unit.
Next week we will kick off our mystery unit for reading and a choice writing unit to wrap up our year.
We wrapped up reviewing lots of different math concepts this week. The students have become great math detectives, looking for key words that clue them into how to correctly solve problems. I know that they are going to rock their math MAP test next week.
Don’t forget to take a 5-10 minutes each day to practice their facts. The end of the year is quickly approaching and students MUST KNOW THEIR FACTS 0-10! Check out the site below for a list of different ways to practice facts.