Ch.8 Dietary Guidelines
What do Dietary Guidelines do for Americans?
- Is the likelihood of developing health problems , such as heart disease diabetes and some cancers.
- Is a eating plan.
How to maintain a healthy weight.
- A condition that increases your chances of developing a problem
- Diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, some types of cancer, arthritis.
- Does not have much body fat as an energy reserve. People can also suffer from health problems.
- Increasing physical activity and small decrease in food.
Importance of whole grain, fruits, vegetables and milk
- Nutrient rich, cholesterol free, and naturally low on fats and calories..
- Heart disease, cancer and other health problems.
- Make whole grain products the star of your meals, and eat fruit instead of sugary desserts.
Be choosy about carbohydrates
- Nutrients- -rich fruits and milk.
- Candy and soft drinks.
- It causes tooth decay.
- Drinking them can affect, or influence, your judgement, and that can lead to accidents and injuries.