A Publication of the Affton School District
Update for Families & Staff | July 23, 2020
TONIGHT AT 6:30 p.m.: Roadmap to Reopening Update Webinar
NEW FOR FAMILIES AND STAFF: ROADMAP TO REOPENING UPDATE WEBINAR featuring Dr. Bracht, as well as our school principals. We plan to share:
- what learning will look like at our schools,
- what we're hearing from our families and staff this week,
- answers to some frequently asked questions.
WHEN: Thursday, July 23 at 6:30 p.m.
Once again, we will record the webinar and will share a link to view once available.
Have A Question?
We have launched a new webpage featuring the latest information for families and staff. This includes answers to questions we anticipate many of you will have. We realize you may have unique questions or concerns that will not be addressed. Rest assured, we will make ourselves available to help you get the information you need. Additionally, our principals will be sharing details specific to your child’s school.
You also have the opportunity to ask questions and give feedback on our draft plans for the 2020-2021 school year. Click here to share your honest feedback, questions, and concerns with us.
Choose Your Learning Option
This week, families can choose how your student (grades K-12 only) will attend Affton School District by selecting a learning option: In-Person, Online, or Online Plus. Please log in to the Parent Portal and indicate your learning choice and transportation need for each child in your family by July 26, 2020.
- Log into the Parent Portal on a computer or tablet; it does not work well on cell phones.
- As a reminder, be sure you are on the Parent Tab. Your email address is your login name, and you can click Forgot Password for it to be sent to you.
- At the top right of your student dashboard, please change Academic Year to 2020-2021.
- For assistance with Tyler SIS, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
It’s essential that parents make these choices in a timely manner so we can plan accordingly for teachers, staff, and classroom/course enrollment to support our students. We know these decisions will be challenging, so we’ll do our best to help by providing the details you’ll need to make an informed decision.
Families of returning Affton School District students who do not select an option for each of their students by July 26, 2020, will be automatically enrolled in In-Person Learning and will be opted out of bus transportation.
Please reach out with your questions or concerns at email@example.com or by calling the Affton Schools COVID-19 Helpline at 314-633-5911.