Reducing Fat, Suger, & Soduim
Ways to lower Fat in the Diet
- Use low fat and skim milk products instead of whole milk.
- select poultry, fish, dried beans and peas, and lean meats for protien.
- Limit butter, cream, hydrogenated margaine, shortening, coconut oil, and food made w/ thses products.
- use eggs, liver, and shellfish in moderation.
- Season vegatables w/ herbs, spices, and lemon instead of whole milk.
- Roast, boil, bake, or broil rather than fry.
Controlling Sodium in the Diet
- Taste foos before adding extra salt.
- use lemon juice or balsamic vinegar instead of salt on vegetables and chip.
- Eat fewer salty snack items, such as pretzels and chips.
- Substitute herbs and spices for salt when preparing food.
- Read labels and compare foods at supermarket and buy those w/ out added salt.