Apply to Student Support Services
Deadline extended to: Wednesday, January 20, 2016
On behalf of the Student Support Services (SSS) program at UW-River Falls, we want to welcome you to our campus! We are excited that you are now a part of our community!
You are receiving this email because you have been identified as a potential Scholar for our Student Support Services (SSS) program.
In order to qualify for Student Support Services, you have met at least one of the following requirements:
A first-generation college student (neither parent has a bachelor’s degree)
Financial need (based on a federal criteria)
A student with a documented disability
Please note that space is limited!! Only 15 spots available. If you are interested in becoming a SSS Scholar, we encourage you to complete the application and return it by Wednesday, January 20, 2016.
You will be notified, by letter and email, of your application status before the Spring semester begins.
The SSS staff looks forward to meeting you during Spring 2016 semester and supporting you on your journey at UW-River Falls. Again, WELCOME!
- Knowledgeable and committed coaches
- Early Grade Awareness Reports
- Academic and study skill support
- Cultural activities
- Financial literacy (budgets, credit cards, student loan guidance, FAFSA assistance)
- Professional development (resume, interview skills, internships, networking and graduate school exploration)
- Service projects and leadership development
- Referrals and connections to other campus resources
- SSS Grant Aid
- Community of first generation scholars
SSS Scholars participate in a two day fall retreat in a beautiful setting in Northern Wisconsin where you can connect with other SSS Scholars and learn skills needed for your journey at UWRF.
SSS Scholars spent the day doing a spring clean up at Lost Creek Ranch (which is a horse rescue ranch). Each semester we do one or two service projects such as: Habitat for Humanity, Community Dinners, Lions Club Community Easter Egg Hunt.
Workshops & Events
SSS Scholars participate in many different events and workshops including: