Eric & RJ4
How Anabolic Steriods are Taken
Definition of Drug
- Anabolic- androgenic steriods
Effects and Dangers of Anabolic Steriods
- Breast growth
- Risk of prostate cancer
- Testicles shrinking
- Deeper voice
- Facial hair growth
- Baldness (similar to males)
Both Male and Female
- High blood pressure
- heart attack
- kidney failure
- enlarged heart
- In 2014, the percent of 12th graders using anabolic steroids was 1.9%.
- In 2010, 2% of senior high school students admitted to trying steroids.
- Steroid abusers typically take 10 to 100 times more than what would b prescribed by a doctor.
- The number of american adults who have used steroids is 1,084,000
- The maximum penalty for trafficking steroids is $250,000/ 5 years in prision
I would go up to the person taking the given drug and tell them that they should stop taking the drug. I would also tell them the dangers of the drug, and how they have a whole life ahead of them.
If drugs are so bad, why do you think they exist?
All people have their reasons. Some may use drugs as an escape route out of reality, and others may use drugs to gain money. Instead, talk to a trusted adult about what is bringing you down, or open a local dog walking business for some money, not drugs.