What's Coming Up At Rock Creek:
March 21st-25th - Spring Break!
March 28th - Students return to school
March 31st - Snow Bird visits RC
April 1st - 4th and 5th Grade Spring Dance
Booster Club Fundraiser
The two styles available are:
32 oz Nalgene Red Water Bottle - $12
24 oz Nalgene Clear Bottle - $14
Empowering Parents: What You Should Know About Cyber Safety
Here are some cyber safety tips for parents:
- Set clear guidelines and rules for use
- Outline what apps and media are acceptable for your child to use
- Carefully monitor your child's usage
- Let your child know that they should NEVER share their name, address, or any other personal information on social media to people they do not know
- Talk with your child about what you would like him/her to do if they come across inappropriate content
- Preferably, have a high quality web filter in place that will block inappropriate sites
- Help your kids think long-term. Let them know that everything that they post online leaves a digital footprint. Talk about why they need to think before they post. It's important to create a positive footprint!
- Remind your children that the golden rule applies online as well.
Below are some family tip sheets from CommonSense Media that go into furhter detail of information that you should be aware of us as parent: