Falcon Fit News
MAINTAIN don't GAIN
Between November 18th and January 4th, you will record your weight once a week and track your progress. Did you stay the same weight? Great! Did you LOSE weight? Even better! Maintainers will be entered in a drawing for an awesome prize (rumor has it, it might be massage!)
More info. is attached to the email. Here's some recipes to get you started!
How healthy is your job?
This month we are going to focus a little bit on Career Wellbeing. Obviously, for teachers this is SUPER important and can be really hard to achieve. The good news is - if you enjoy what you do, you're already on the right path to achieving a healthy career path!
Here are a few things I've learned about Career Wellbeing from Tom Rath and Jim Harter, authors of Wellbeing - The Five Essential Elements:
- People who have the opportunity to use their strengths are 6 times as likely to be engaged in their jobs
- People who are engaged are slightly more stressed during weekdays than weekends, but enjoy weekdays just as much.
- Having a purpose, enjoying the people you work with, and engagement are more important factors for happiness than a bigger paycheck.
Here are a few tips from the authors of Wellbeing to make sure you are the best you at work:
1. Every day, use your strengths
2. Identify someone with a shared mission who encourages your growth. Spend more time with this person.
3. Opt into more social time with the people and teams you enjoy being around at work.
Read the article below if you want to learn more!