The Weekly Knot
Vol. 3 Issue 12
Monday October 31, 2016
Grading/Planning Day-Work from Home
Tuesday November 1, 2016
First Day of the Second Quarter
Lunch/Recess Duty Switch
1st Grade at Camp Schmidt
Wednesday November 2, 2016
Faculty Meeting @ 2:15-2:45 p.m., Media Center
1st Grade at Camp Schmidt
Thursday November 3, 2016
Friday November 4, 2016
Saturday November 5, 2016
Crayola PD- Team is full
The Media Connection - Library Media News from Ms. Arax
Greetings Felegy Staff! See below for helpful information:
1) Media Center website: I have added two new pages to the Media Center website for students and parents about the LINK program (our partnership with the Public Library). One page is in English and the other is in Spanish. See below for helpful pages on the Media Center site.
a) Media Center Updates (find information about Library Media curriculum based lessons, book displays and events in the Media Center)
c) Media Center Student Page (helpful links for students)
e) Public Library LINK information (English) (Share with students and parents)
f) Public Library LINK information (Spanish) (Share with students and parents)
2) Book Displays in the Library Media Center (various reading levels):
Autumn Season: October 15 - 31
Election, Presidency, US Political System: October 15 - November 10
Native American Heritage Month: November
3) Native American Heritage Month: Check out our online resources such as World Book and Culture Grams to support student learning and your teaching. See below for log in instructions and let me know if you need support. Also, explore the Library Media Center for related book displays throughout the month.
4) Resources for your teaching and professional development:
c) National History Day: Planning Your Project with Library of Congress Primary Sources:(helpful history resources that can be used any time of the year)
5) See below for information on accessing your account in Destiny. Students and staff can access this catalog from anywhere 24/7.
Accessing our Library Media Center Online Catalog
1) Click on: http://destiny.pgcps.org/
2) Pick our school by clicking links (and scrolling down): Elementary -> Edward M. Felegy Elementary
3) Log into system: Use the same user id and password as you do for
your PGCPS e-mail
4) You will see Home and Catalog Tabs
a) Home Tab: Offers Online resources, Ebooks, and Teacher Resources
b) Catalog Tab: Search for books that we have in the Media Center, see if they are available and check your account.
Any questions? Stop by the Media Center to chat or e-mail me at Anya.AraxMelnick@pgcps.org.
#TeamFelegy Helpful Links
NEW!!!!! School Testing Site