Becoming the President
Basic skills you want to have to become president
- Consensus building that involves multiple perspectives and opinions. A new President will automatically have to cross the isle to find common ground in which to build the future of our nation.
- Effective and resolute decision making from all levels of his administration. A wise President will guide and encourage convergent thinking.
- The ability to create collaborative tiger teams. A new President will have to find the best and brightest in our nation, crossing over party lines to lead some dramatic tiger teams to solve huge problems we are facing with jobs, energy and social issues.
- Encourage dynamic conflict resolution. he will need to be a peace maker and a unity builder similar to Nelson Mendela.
- To have trust between the government and the people. He must ask constantly, are we credible in what we are doing? are we competent with demonstrated excellence? Is our character above reproach?
Requirements of becoming a president
- Be a natural born U.S. citizen. Someone may be born abroad, but only if both parents were citizens of the United States. The only exception to this was for those around at the time the Constitution was adopted. Their requirement was that they had to be a citizen when the Constitution was adopted.
- Be at least 35 years of age.
- Has to live in the United states for at least 14 years. This does not have to be consecutive or even the 14 years leading up to becoming president.
- The Candidate must be acceptable to a large number of people across the nation.
Presidents daily routine
- Get a head start on your day the night before. When he wakes at 7 a.m. he has to get a jump on things.
- Limit decision fatigue, the President has too many decisions to make so his staff decides what the President wears and eats every day.
- Shut out your critics. Obama says he likes to filter the news as much as possible but recognizes that no one can live in a bubble.
- 10 a.m. the President gets a daily briefing in the oval office.
- 12:30 p.m. the vice president delivers remarks on his vision for the U.S. policy in the western hemisphere hosted by the Tampa chamber of commerce.
- 2:30 p.m. the President meets with Secretary of Treasury Lew.
- 3:35 p.m. President signs S.189- Defends Trade Secrets Act.
Benefits of being the President
- Unlimited staff to help the president do whatever he pleases
- Air force one for air transportation
- Gets to live in the White House
- gets a yearly salary of $400,000
Perks after presidency
- Security for life
- A allowance from 150k to 580k
- allowed 1 million dollars in travel expenses because of their duties
- Health benifits
Powers the President will have
- Executive power
- Powers related to legislation
- Powers of appointment
- Executive of clemency
- Judicial legislative Foreign affairs
- Diplomatic Emergency powers
- Executive privilege
- Constraints on presidential power
Presidents Rap - Washington to Obama - Smart Songs
Necessary qualities that you should have to become president
- The President should have the mentality to make the United States a safe and hospitable place to live.
- Must be able to hold the responsibility of the United States on your shoulders.
- Able to face everybody's discrimination towards the Presidents decisions.
- To make a decision that may kill thousands of people.
- Ability to make tactful decisions in cases of an emergency.
How I would fix problems if I was the President
If I was the President I would first make the economy great again, by making jobs such as making new building for companies so they can hire people to work in the building and to build the buildings. Then i would move on to dealing with the ISIS situation. I would ask for permission to just nuke all of them at a great price. If that doesn't work I would then send more troops to wipe them out! I'd call it Operation "clean slate". On the immigration problem I would have them run a large background security check, that will take a really long time so they really have to be committed in coming here. The people that are tying to get into this country would have to have a perfect record, because we don't want to risk having any terrorists. For the gun control problem I would make it that only people that have clean records and no past of violence using guns. and keep everything else the same.
Roles of the President
- Party leader- The President speaks to the party and represents them.
- Commander in chief- Head of the Army, Air force, Navy and the Marines
- Chief Executive- Someone who devises strategies and politics and ensures that the party meats its goal.
- Chief of State- Symbol of all the people in that state.
- Chief Diplomat- Recognizes other governments and endorses them to the public eye.
- Chief Legislator- Only congress has the actual power to create laws, but the constitution gives the president the power to influence congress in its lawmaking.