Family Newsletter-November 23, 2020
On Nov. 10, 2020, our HSD School Board approved our district plan which includes:
- Grades 3-12 remain in Comprehensive Distance Learning (CDL) through the end of Semester 1 (ends Jan. 28, 2021).
- Continue preparing for the possibility of bringing students in grades PreK-2 back for in-person learning as early as mid-January:
- This would happen only IF Washington County health metrics and the calendar (holidays and natural breaks) allow.
- Prior to Winter Break, staff and families will receive a communication letting them know whether or not a mid-January return for students in PreK-2 is possible.
- Increase the number of students participating in Limited In-Person Instruction (LIPI), according to established criteria, until we are able to return K-12.
Health metrics are typically updated late Monday or early Tuesday for the prior week (ending Saturday). Once new data is available, HSD updates information for the most recent three reporting periods on our website at hsd.k12.or.us/202021schoolyear.
We can all have an impact on reversing the trend of upward case counts by doing the following:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain at least 6 feet of physical space between yourself and others
- Limit interactions with people outside of your immediate household
- Cover your coughs and sneezes
- Wash hands and use hand sanitizer frequently
- Stay home if you don’t feel well
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
As we are amid the statewide freeze to stop the spread of COVID, it is important for everyone in our community to do their best in honoring that. Please stay safe.
Mrs. Gina McLain
Important Dates to Remember
- Thurs., Nov. 26th & Fri. Nov. 27th: No School--Thanksgiving Holiday
- Tues., Dec. 1st: Booster Dining Night Out: Noodles & Co. see details below
- Sat. Dec. 5th: Booster Club Toy Drive 11:00am-1:00pm--see details below
- Mon., Dec. 7th: Booster Club Mtg., 7:00-8:30pm--link coming soon
- Mon., Dec. 21st- Fri., Jan. 1st: No School--Winter Break
- Mon., Jan. 4th: School resumes
View the HSD 2020-21 Calendar HERE
- Student Meals for No School Days 11/26 & 11/27. Meals will be delivered via bus routes and distributed at our six hub sites Monday through Wednesday, with two meals being provided to children ages 1-18 on Wednesday, Nov. 25. There will be no meal service on Thursday or Friday.
- Requesting needs for the holidays--please fill out the HSD Form to Request Resources if you are in need of food, clothing, or other necessities.
- Interested in making a donation or supporting families in need? If you would like to support students and families in need, please fill out this brief form.
- Attendance Line--if your student is absent or going to be absent, please call our attendance line at 503-844-1363 and leave a voicemail explaining their absence. Thank you!
- Attention Lenox Families who are essential workers--Are you interested in connecting with other Lenox families who are also essential workers to share information, resources and challenges while supporting your child/children in CDL and the eventual in-person/hybrid option? If yes to all of the above, click here.
Lenox Booster Club--Toy Drive & Dining Night Out
Toy Drive--As a way of being part of the greater HSD community and helping families in need, this year Booster Club is working with Hillsboro Elks Club by holding a toy drive December 5 from 11am-1pm. Volunteers will be available to receive your unwrapped new toy at Lenox Elementary School. Please use the circular drive in front of the school. A masked and gloved volunteer will be able to take the toy while you stay in the car. If your toy is too large to fit through the window, please get out of your vehicle, place the toy on the sidewalk and return to your vehicle as quickly as you can. For more information please visit the booster club website.
Dining Night Out--Come support Lenox on Tuesday, December 1st at Noodles & Company from 4:00pm-8:00pm where Lenox will receive an amazingly generous 50% of all orders from our families who participate! Don't forget to use this flyer or mention that you are supporting Lenox Elementary when you come in -OR- if you are ordering online, be sure to use type in GIVING50 as the coupon code so Lenox will receive credit!
Fundraisers have been a part of our school communities and have supported a variety of activities, supplies, field trips, etc. over the past years for our students. This fundraiser will be supporting teachers budgets and needs related to distance learning and/if when we return to school. We know that many of our families have been impacted in different ways regarding COVID-19 and want to make sure that you know there is no expectation to participate and/or donate in any of our fundraising events unless you feel comfortable and capable of doing so. If you have any questions at all, please feel free to reach out to Gina McLain, Principal at email@example.com and/or Crystal Geiger, Booster President at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spirit Wear is now available for purchase online only through our website. Some sizes are limited. To purchase spirit wear go to: "shop" tab on our website.
Lenox Swag Tags are now available too! These fun trinkets are multi-use! Add them to a backpack, decorate on a tree, add it to a spirit wear gift, place in a scrapbook or on a notebook ... the possibilities are endless! Only $3 each. To purchase Lenox tags go to: "shop" tab on our website.
Make sure to sign up for an account on the website to receive all Booster related information.
Tech Respect & Responsibility
Care of Chromebooks
Please remind your children of the following and assist them as necessary:
This is a separate app that all HSD students and staff have access to since it is part of the Google Suite. Students have been using it to socially connect with classmates. Some instances have led to inappropriate use and discipline-worthy offenses (harassment, bullying, etc.). Students are not to use this app unless directed to by a school staff member for school-related activities. Please let your children know that we have records of all chats exchanged using this app. Please encourage your children to connect with peers using personal accounts. Thank you!
Please remind your children that they are never to be in a Google Meet link that is not supervised by a Lenox staff member. They should not enter the Meet before the staff member or join at a later time when a live class is not in session. We relate it to never being in a classroom or other school space without a staff member present. Student safety is #1 whether we are in CDL or in-person learning. Thank you!
Care of Chromebooks
- No food or drink near devices
- Carry with two hands
- Be gentle when closing the device
- Store in a safe location
- Keep out of reach of younger children and pets