Indian Run Family Update
Indian Run Elementary | February 18, 2022
Hello Indian Run Families,
We hope you and your families have had a great Friday so far and have a great long weekend as well! Don't forget we have NO SCHOOL on Monday (2/21) but our amazing PTO will be throwing an Ice Skating Party @ the Dublin Chiller from 9:45-11:45am. More details are listed below. We hope to see you there!
Many of you are aware, our School Board of Education has voted to make masks for students "recommended" rather than "required" beginning on Tuesday, February 22nd. We want to take the opportunity to discuss some of our health and safety protocols moving forward. We continue to monitor the number of Covid-19 cases in our building and other buildings throughout the District. We continue to implement safety protocols to keep our staff and students safe. We will continue to encourage hand washing, social distancing, surface cleaning, and regularly changing our MERV-13 air filters.
In an effort to also support our students' social and emotional needs, we will be allowing students to choose their own seats in the cafeteria beginning on Tuesday. Students will remain in classroom cohorts/tables and be 4 feet apart while they eat. This change will allow students the opportunity to practice essential social and emotional skills. If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out and let us know. We are here to support!
Have a great weekend!
Amber and Marty
Indian Run Announcements
PTO Ice Skating Party
IRE Ice Skating Party on February 21 @ Dublin Chiller (No School - Presidents' Day)
Ice reserved for IRE
9:45-11:45am (Registration begins at 9:15am)
$5 per skater (cash or venmo only to IRE) + $3 for skate rentals (paid to The Chiller)
Students must be accompanied by an adult
- Need to update your IRE wardrobe? Check out our IRE Spirtwear options
Doodle for Google Contest
- Your IRE artist may have come home this week excited about the Doodle for Google contest! This year, the theme for the contest is "I care for myself by ..." K-12 students have the challenge of creatively incorporating the letters G-O-O-G-L-E into a drawing that shares their ideas about self care. Students will need your help to fill out the entry form. You can enter online, or return completed forms to Mrs. Christine by Monday, February 28th to be mailed in. More information about the contest is available on Google.
- Be sure to check out our latest episodes of The Wire.
UPCOMING INDIAN RUN EVENTS
- February: Black History month
- February 21: No School (Presidents' Day) + PTO Ice Skating Party
- February 24: Parent Teacher Conferences (Virtual) (4:00-7:30pm)
- - - - - - - - -
Join PERC on Feb. 24 - for “How to Keep Our Kids Safe,” presented by Nationwide Children’s
“Do you know who your kids are talking to or what they are receiving on their phones?”
9:30 a.m. and 7 p.m. on Feb. 24 at the Dublin Rec Center. Click here for more details.
2022 Community Champion Award Nominations
This spring, the Dublin Chamber of Commerce and Dublin City Schools are partnering to honor the best in volunteerism, giving back, and selflessness with the 2022 Community Champion Awards. Please take a moment to nominate deserving students and staff at this link.
Job and internship fair for students
If your business is interested in hiring students for the summer, or Dublin graduates for their career, join us for Work In Dublin: Job, Career, and Internship Fair on April 12 at Dublin Scioto 11:30 a.m.-5 p.m. You can sign up for this free event at this link.