Technology for Assessment
Music Inservice Meeting January 25
- Plickers (iPad or phone, requires projection screen)
- QR Code Activities (iPad or Phone)
- Kahoot (iPad, Phone, or laptop: requires projection screen)
- Students can answer multiple choice or true/false questions
- Teacher projects the question onto the board utilizing the projector
- Teacher scans the students individual QR code (iPad and/or phone)
- Answers are imported into an excel spreadsheet
Where to begin?!
- Create a login at https://plickers.com/
- Go to "Cards" at the top right hand corner of the screen
- Select which size you would like to print. (I used the large font cards)
- Make sure the app is downloaded to your phone or iPad
Create a Class
CREATE A QUESTION
1. To create a question go to the library tab on the top left hand side of the screen.
2. Click "add new question" and create your question/answer.
3. You can upload a picture or just use text.
4. Add the question to the selected class queue.
- You must login to the app for your iPad/phone AND also to the computer.
- The password/login will be the same.
- Select your class through the app.
- Select your question through the app.
- The question should appear on the screen for the class to view.
- Scan student cards.
- Check your setting when you scan. It will come up as a name, right or wrong answers, or graph depending on the setting.
- Check reports to see you data!
QR Code Activities
- Allows students to scan QR codes
- Use as a center or whole class activity
How to make a QR Code
- Select data type
- Place data type in content
- Select download, print, or email
OTHER USES: Can connect to have your website, email, phone information for parents to scan when sending home permission slips or flyers.
- An interactive game show web-based program
- Requires laptops and computer projector
- Records answers into a spreadsheet for later viewing