The March On Washington
- black and white people marched
Who Made It Happen?
The planning of the march was handled by Bayard Rustin, Randolph’s trusted associate. Rustin was a veteran activist with extensive experience in putting together mass protest. With only two months to plan, Rustin established his headquarters in Harlem, NY, with a smaller office in Washington. He and his helpers, of 200 volunteers, quickly put together the largest, peaceful, demonstration of citizens feelings in U.S. history.
"I Have a Dream"
- "The March on Washington brought together the Big Six coalition of civil rights groups: the Southern Christian Leadership Conference led by King, the Student Nonviolent Coordinating Committee headed by John Lewis, the National Urban League, the Congress of Racial Equality, the Brotherhood of Sleeping Car Porters and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People."
- "Asa Philip Randolph 1964." Photo. Wickipidia. np. nd. Web 12/15/15
- Hurley, Jennifer A. The I960s. San Diego: Greenhaven Press, 2000.Print
- "March On Washington 1941-A Philip Randolph Pullman...." March On Washington 1941. np,2002-2013.Web.12/7/15.
- "March on Washington." March on Washington-Congress of Racial Equality. np. nd. Web 12/15/15
- "March on Washington" March on Washington (United States history) np. nd. Web 12/15/15
- "March On Washington." World Book M.13 Willard: RR Donnelley, 2012.Print
- Official Program for the March on Washington (1963). np.,08/28/1963.Web 12/3/15
- "The Forgotten Racial History of the March on Washington." The Forgotten Racial History of the March on Washington..." np. nd. Web 12/15/15
- "10 Things you didn't know about the March on Washington." 10 Things You Diddn't Know About the 1963 March on..... np. nd. Web 12/15/15