Your source for all the TK-8 CORE Butte news!
This survey will help us to create a special 8th Grade Promotion for you! Please fill it out by Wednesday, March 3rd.
Health Education Online Course for 7th and 8th Graders
We know this can be a sensitive topic and we have taken great care to find a curriculum that is fact and research based and has a scripted, clinical approach. The online independent study course is called Positive Prevention Plus. The course has 14 lessons and students have 45 days to complete the course.
We need all 7th and 8th grade families to complete the questionnaire (deadline is extended to March 3rd) to let us know how you will be working with your student to meet these standards. Response Form
The online course will begin on Monday, March 22nd following our spring break.
Penny Fundraiser for Patients
Pennies for Patients!
Pennies for Patients
February 1-28, 2021
Each year CBHS’ ASB has chosen to sponsor a school-wide service campaign called “Pennies for Patients.” The campaign is sponsored by The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, and all money raised benefits those who are sick with blood cancers, such as Leukemia, through patient services and research. Pennies for Patients is a nation-wide program that provides an opportunity to further teach our students about the importance of helping others, and that they can play a part of a very large effort to fight Cancer.
The bags of coffee can be purchased at the school front desk!
Help Us with our yearbook!
We are asking for your help to photodocument this historical school year.
Please use the link in the photo below to upload photos of what school looks like for your student(s) this year!
**By uploading your photo, you are giving CORE Butte Charter School permission to publish the photo in our 2020-21 yearbook.
**Submitting a photo does not guarantee its inclusion in the yearbook.
Please click above to access the CORE Butte SEL website.
CORE has established some safety guidelines and protocols for in-person meetings:
These protocols are to be followed whether the meeting occurs on or off campus.
Before arriving, Families are encouraged to:
- Check temperature at home before coming in to the Center
- Stay home if you are not feeling well or your temperature is above 100.4
- Use the restroom before arriving at the Center
Approved face coverings are required at all times while at the center or on the school grounds
Before Entering the Building:
- Wait out front for PLT
- Follow all social distancing guidelines
- PLT will verify Health Survey (please see clipboard at front desk)
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with recently experienced a fever (temperature over 100.4° F or 38° C) within the past 24 hours?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with had COVID-19 symptoms in the last 24 hours (loss of smell, cough, sore throat, muscle aches, shortness of breath, nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite)?
- Have you or anyone you have been in close contact with been asked to self-isolate or quarantine in the last 2 weeks?
During Time at the Center and on Campus:
- PLT’s and families should walk straight to the meeting point. Do not congregate in common areas.
- Maintain proper social distancing
- Wear approved face covering
- Keep all family members together at the meeting point
- Adults should escort students to the bathroom
Departing the Center:
- PLT will escort the family to the exit.
- Families should maintain proper social distancing while moving toward the exit.
- Families should not congregate outside the building.
At CORE Butte Charter School We Dress for Success!!!
- Clothing or hats bearing pictures, symbols or slogans related to: drugs, alcohol, tobacco, sex, or violence.
- Exposed underwear or underwear worn as outerwear
- Short shorts, short skirts, and short dresses without wearing tights or leggings underneath.
- Strapless tops/dresses, tube top, or shirts pulled down below the shoulder
For more details see the parent/student handbook.
Learning Period Dates:
Learning Period 4 - January 11 - February 24
Learning Period 5 - February 25 - April 16
Learning Period 6 - April 19 - May 28