Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
October 19, 2015
Mrs. Krapinski's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @Skrapinski
Parent Teacher Conferences
Upcoming Dates to Remember
- October 5-October 21- Parent Teacher Conferences
- October 22 & 23- Fall Break- NO SCHOOL
Tests, Quizzes & Miscellaneous
- October 20 - Master Mathers (4th) Topic 1, 5, 6 test
- October 20 - Math Medics (3rd) Multiplication Test Topic 3
- October 21 - Vocabulary Topic 5 test
- October 21 - Spelling Test
- October 21 - RAH/SWIP due
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 4- Music
- Tuesday- Day 5- Art
- Wednesday- Day 6- P.E.
What's Happening in Mrs. Krapinski's Class
- We are wrapping our small reading groups. Ask your child what book they read in their small group.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue to discover different types of conflicts characters can face.
- Students will work on a cumulative project to showcase their understanding of character conflict.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
MATH MEDICS (3RD)
There will be a multiplication test on Tuesday, October 20th.
Master Mathers (4th)
- We will continue to practice our multiplication and division strategies.
- Please continue to work on fact fluency by practicing math facts via XtraMath or flashcards
- We have finished topics 1, 5 & 6.
- Study Guides were handed out Friday.
- We will review and practice on Monday and our test will be Tuesday, October 20
- We will continue to review what a strong lead in a story looks like, adding details to a story, and making sure to have a beginning, middle, and end.
- Students are finishing up their personal narrative and will have a little fun with monster stories this week :)
- While reviewing the skills of writing a small moment story the students will be learning to write to a prompt.
We have discussed what a scientist looks like and we agreed we ALL fit the description! So many wondering minds in our class! We are taking seeds through the scientific process and are keeping a journal to record our data. We also have many hands on labs we will be learning from.
NEWS FROM THE THORPE CREEK OFFICE
The 2015 Liger XC Mile took place on Thursday, October 15th at Hamilton Southeastern HS!! I can't believe our school made up 1/3 of all participants! GO TCE!
Congratulations to all the kiddos in Room 22 who participated and to Dillon O. for placing 4th overall in the 3rd/4th grade boys division!!