Makey Makey Circuits
What conducts electricity?
Closed Circuit: a complete circuit that allows the flow of electricity
Open Circuit: a circuit that is not complete and through which no current can flow.
Electrons: part of an atom and is the primary carrier of electricity in solids
Conductive: material that is able to carry electricity through it.
Non conductive: material that is able to resist the flow of electricity.
- Get in a group-sign out a laptop and a MakeyMakey Kit
- Go to this Smore from the DMS website to use the links below.
- Find a game/activity from those listed below.
- Plug in the MakeyMakey to the laptop with the USB cable.
- Use the alligator clips to connect to the needed keys and to the elements of your choice (playdough, pencil drawings etc.)
- Always include an earth clip to complete the circuit.
What other items would make better controllers?
How creative can you get with your controllers?
Try other games and other items.