UES Information and Updates
UES Important Dates:
- October 5 - School Closed for Yom Kippur
- October 6 & 7 - UES MAP Testing for All Students
- October 10 - School Closed for Students - Staff In-serice Day
- October 11 - UES Mid-Marking Period 1
- October 14 - UES Home and School Meeting 9:30 AM UES Cafeteria
- October 17-21 - UES Celebrates Week of Respect and Violence Awareness
- October 17-21 - UES Home & School Book Fair Week
- October 18 - Board of Education Meeting
- October 20 - Book Fair Night 6:00 to 8:00 PM
- October 31 - UES Celebrates Halloween - Early Dismissal Day
UES Home & School Fall Book Fair is Coming October 17-21!
UES Will Recognize Week of Respect October 17-21!
We will celebrate our Week of Respect the week of October 17 to 21! Each day will have a special theme:
- Monday - Crazy Sock Day! Sock it to bullying by wearing your favorite crazy socks today. We will also kick off SOCKtober this day!
- Tuesday - Mix & Match Day! Wear your favorite mix & match outfit to remember that all our differences make us who we are. We respect our differences, just like an awesome mix-match outfit. Our differences when put all together look amazing!
- Wednesday - UES Spirit Day! Respect your mind, body, and spirit. Wear your UES spirit gear or yellow and black to show how we rise up together as a school to show RESPECT in our school.
- Thursday - Sweat Shirt/Pants Day! Wear a sweatshirt & sweatpants to show that it's “no sweat” to be a good friend. Being a good friend is so simple when you are being kind and respectful!
- Friday - Pajama Day! We want everyone in our school to feel comfortable and safe… just like we do in our favorite PJs. Remember being respectful and kind creates a safe atmosphere for everyone in our school. (Pajamas must be school appropriate and no slippers. Shoes are required)
UES Once Again Celebrates SOCKTOBER!
Halloween at UES - October 31!
- Parents, don't forget you can report a child's absence by clicking on the NURSE link on the UES website under Quick Links! NURSE LINK
- Please make sure your child has all items needed for school. We need to limit items being dropped off during the school day as deliveries are disruptive to instruction.
- Cell phones and Smart Watches are not permitted at the UES. Please leave them at home!
- Please make sure your child charges his/her laptop each night!
October Character Strong Focus is RESPECT!
We are excited that we will be using a program called Character Strong again this school year. This program teaches skills that will help students be successful in school and in life. The program has three main goals for students:
Be Kind: Social skills like listening, friendship, solving conflicts, and leadership.
- These skills are taught alongside Empathy, Respect, & Cooperation
Be Strong: Skills that help students focus, stay organized and set goals.
- These skills are taught alongside Responsibility, Courage, & Perseverance
Be Well: Skills that help students handle their emotions and deal with stress.
- These skills are taught alongside Gratitude, Honesty, & Creativity
During the month of October, we will focus on the character trait - RESPECT!