Band Buzz: April 23, 2023
Falcon Band and Color Guard
From the Directors:
Marching season is right around the corner! All returning members and the incoming freshmen will begin working on the marching music for next year’s show this Saturday from 1:00-3:00pm. There will be a short performance at 2:30, and then the show reveal will be presented at 2:45. We are excited for next year!
Band and Color Guard Banquet Sign Up
Sign Up on the QR code above or by filling out and returning the form linked below.
Band Booster Club Scholarships
Please email Heather Shaw (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
Color Guard Update
Colorguard will be hosting clinics on May 2nd and May 4th for any students (incoming freshmen or current Lake students) interested in learning all about colorguard. Please join us in the Commons from 5pm-8pm. For any questions or more information, please contact Mr. Pearce at email@example.com
Color Guard try-outs are Monday, May 8th-12th from 5-7pm, in the Commons. Students are required to attend all three evenings.
Colorguard continues to design and practice their solos and ensemble performances. Please join us on Thursday, May 18th for our solo and ensemble performances (more details ax we get closer)
Texas Music Scholar Award
The Texas Music Scholar Award designates students in high school music programs who exemplify attributes of meritorious performance in the areas of scholarship, musicianship, and citizenship.
Designation is attained by TMEA Active Member recommendation of students in grades 9-12 who have met the following criteria during the current school year:
· Is a viable member of the school’s parent musical organization for the entire school year.
· Maintains in all cumulative coursework an overall “A” average as defined by the local school district for the current school year.
· Maintains academic eligibility for the entire school year.
· Participates in all scheduled events of the parent organization.
· Participates virtually or as a live audience member, two director-approved concert events of high school, collegiate or professional level during a school year.
· Has auditioned, been selected, and participated as required in a TMEA or ATSSB organization (band, orchestra, or choir).
· Performs a UIL Prescribed Music List Class 1 solo for a competition or public performance.
· Consistently exhibits behavior which brings honor to the parent organization, school and community.
These criteria may be met through participation singularly or in any combination of band, orchestra, or vocal organizations. The distinction may be achieved each school year.
The school year is defined as the beginning of the year through the next-to-the-last official grade reporting period of the local school district for the purposes of calculating grade averages and determining eligibility.
Texas Music Scholars receive a certificate and patch from the Texas Music Educators Association signed by the Executive Director. You will receive a press release for your use.
Please note that this is an award, not a scholarship or other offer of money.
Any students wishing to apply for the Texas Music Scholar Award need to fill out the information on the form linked below by APRIL 14, 2023.
We are looking for help with the Band Banquet!
Check Out the Band Buzz Blog and Photo Gallery!
We also have a photo gallery of our band and color guard. Check it out here!
If you would like to contribute to the Band Buzz, please contact the appropriate committee or board member. They can send fully edited information to the following e-mail address: VP@clhsband.org . The deadline for submissions is midnight each Wednesday night.
(2nd VP Communications)